Buzz noise when plugged in power outlet - but fine when on battery

In case you're having similar issues to me - I believe I solved the problem after much trial and error, new cables and even buying a power conditioner without any improvements. Turns out, the issue was coming from my PSRS970 Yamaha keyboard, I tried a variety of cables with no improvement, then I tried removing other cables I had plugged into the back of the keyboard, on the last one I pulled (the USB to computer cable), the static went away 10 fold. I was using a USB into my iMac for recording (that USB was in a USB splitter so I'm not sure if that made it even worse), when I pulled that out, it seemed to solve the problem. 

Thanks for the feedback as it did inspire me to fix the problem instead of living with that awful hiss/interference.

@ Levko,

Did you have to buzz also when your keyboard was off, and did you notice a difference in intensity of the buzz when you turned your keyboard on ?

Thanks for your comments.

Kind regards

Alex

I can't say for sure, I just know when I turned up the volume on the S1, the hiss/static was awful. I had to dial it to about 40% on the S1 to get the hiss down and then crank the keyboard up but you could still hear it.