Considering a second Compact for stereo

Kicking around the idea of a second compact because I don’t like the way my keyboards, Yamaha Motif ES and Roland Juno DI, sound in mono. I’ve lived with it for a while for the convenience and ease of setup but the compact is so small that adding another one is not a big deal at all as far as setup time and space. My current set up is: Mic 1 to channel 1 of T1, Mic 2 to channel 2 of T1, Juno Di to channel 3 of T1 and Motif into Channel 4 (only) of T1. all that running into a compact. Should be noted that motif is playing full sequences (backing tracks) and the Juno is just used for little solo parts here and there. How could I set all of that up with two compacts The juno wouldn’t have to be stereo but I would like the motif to be. Should I use a Y cable to go from the 1/4" out of the T1 into the 1/8" inputs of the two Compacts and use the 1/4" inputs on the compacts for the Motif left and right. That way the vocals and Juno will be in mono but out of both compacts and the Motif would be stereo. I really like how the T1 makes our vocals sound so don’t want to loos that. Am I on the right track here?

Tony

edit title: previously - “New Setup”

I take vocals into ToneMatch #1 and then preamp out of TM1 into TM2. That way, I can add any effects to the TM2 vocal independently. So you could add delay, etc., or just keep them both the same. I take the keyboards, and other stereo instruments into TM1 and TM2 separately in stereo.

I don’t quite understand. Are you doing this all with 1 T1. And how can you have keyboards in stereo when the T1 is not a stereo mixer? Could be me. Maybe I need to read this a few times til it sinks in.

Tony - See my post on two L1 Compaqs here:
http://bose.infopop.cc/eve/for…6055944/m/6670003716

Paul

quote:
Originally posted by Tony:
I don't quite understand. Are you doing this all with 1 T1. And how can you have keyboards in stereo when the T1 is not a stereo mixer? Could be me. Maybe I need to read this a few times til it sinks in.
Michael C. Gates *is* using two T1's, not one.

You can't run stereo very conveniently through the T1; you have to use two input channels AND both the Master & Aux output (check the Wiki for stereo & T1, if interested).

I think your approach is cleaner with only one T1 -- put the keyboard direct L & R into the respective Compacts, and then continue to use the T1 for the vocals.

You might even try simply having the T1 only go to one Compact. That may be simplest and could provide the best sound.

If you really want vocal on both Compacts, an alternative to using a "Y" on the output could be to use both the Aux & Master, setting the Aux parameters on each channel to "post Fader" so the volume changes on both outputs as you adjust the channel fader knob. The only caveat with this approach is that you have balance the Master Aux outputs between the AUX setting and the Master volume knob setting; once you have that balance right, your volume tweaking needs to be done with the channel fader knob (so both outputs change together).

I just got the second Compact and trying to figure easiest set up…wrote about it up in “Solo Acts” in this forum…

http://bose.infopop.cc/eve/for…8102955/m/4280088736