Doing online performances with S1 or L1

ST posted:

Hi Fish,

Thanks for the detailed report. Did I miss it? What webcasting platform did you use? (YouTube Live, Facebook, Zoom, or ...)

ST

It was Facebook Live ... we only left it up for a day before "expiring" it.  We thought we'd leave them wanting more (or keep them from having to endure it any longer! )

I'm also playing with vMix and StreamLabs OBS software to see if either of those can enhance the production value, but I don't want to get too many layers to manage during a performance.

Fish

Hey folks, I just got this in my inbox and thought I'd share. In more than a few of these Bose discussions and questions, I see many of us are using an iRig or iRig2 for streaming live to Facebook / YouTube using phones and tablets. The only real limitation is it's mono only, which works with a Bose T mixer or an analog mixer with everything panned to one side (or centered works as well). However, stereo does sound nice, so I wanted to pass on that IK Multimedia now has an iRig "Stream". It's sort of like the iRig DUO, which is basically a hopped up stereo iRig2, but the Stream is half the cost ($99).

The Stream is designed specifically for streaming online with audio from your mixer instead of the phone/tablet mic, so sounds like right up our ally. I might even get one to try out with my band, as since we all live together and can, we've been FB Live'ing a song a night from our house during the quarantine (yay for family bands!). I hadn't done the iRig2 since I wanted to keep the stereo feel, and our phones pick up our PA in the room pretty good, but I'm really tempted to get one of these and try it out.

Hope this helps,
Jeff

Thanks for the heads up on the new iRig. Looks cool.