L1 model 2 - b2 switch setting for karaoke

Hi I am new to this field and also new to bose L1 model 2 with B2.

I had my first event last weekend. I kept my B2 bass setting at .

while playing songs it sounds fine. but when i played karaoke  tracks and singers sing found base was too high and couldn't hear singer singing clearly..I can't keep switching switch setting at B2 for each performance as that is not possible. which setting is preferable in this situation. I also use T8S anything we an tweak at T8 end in this situation. Pls advise

Hi Sri,

For your application I would set the B2 bass level switch on the normal position (middle).

The ( ) plus setting is more appropriate for bass heavy bass DJ tracks.

ST

Thanks ST. i will do..

Hi Sri

We also have L1 model 2 with B2 Bass and T1 tonematch and use our system for Karaoke. 

We have 3 regular gigs per week and have found we have to have the B2 on the - position and also on the T1 we have the eq for the music on -10 otherwise it's just to much bass, we do play loudly, master volume at 12 o'clock position and music channel 4/5 at around 11 o'clock position, for us this is perfect otherwise we were getting complaints about the Bass. 

Colin. 

This may not be a popular response. I own an older L1 system and a pair of S1pros for another system . I own a karaoke business, and use Allen and Heath mixers. Tonematches are great for musicians, and some DJs, but I feel they limit you running karaoke. You need more flexibility with back up volumes and singer volumes. I love my Bose speakers though ! 

Colin posted:

Hi Sri

We also have L1 model 2 with B2 Bass and T1 tonematch and use our system for Karaoke. 

We have 3 regular gigs per week and have found we have to have the B2 on the - position and also on the T1 we have the eq for the music on -10 otherwise it's just to much bass, we do play loudly, master volume at 12 o'clock position and music channel 4/5 at around 11 o'clock position, for us this is perfect otherwise we were getting complaints about the Bass. 

Colin. 

Thanks a lot ...this is really helpful ...Can you shed little bit more details on "T1 we have the eq for the music on -10" ..Thanks a ton once again ..

Billp98201 posted:

This may not be a popular response. I own an older L1 system and a pair of S1pros for another system . I own a karaoke business, and use Allen and Heath mixers. Tonematches are great for musicians, and some DJs, but I feel they limit you running karaoke. You need more flexibility with back up volumes and singer volumes. I love my Bose speakers though ! 

I'm assuming you are running an l1 model 1 without a t1 mixer?

I find my t1 mixer to be fantastic for karaoke. Great Mic tone matches. Great vocal effects

Everybody’s ears are different.

I happen to like how Allen and Heath boards sound, and feel they more versatile than the T1. That’s just my opinion. 

we are busy every weekend, so we must be doing something right.

Billp98201 posted:

Everybody’s ears are different.

I happen to like how Allen and Heath boards sound, and feel they more versatile than the T1. That’s just my opinion. 

we are busy every weekend, so we must be doing something right.

Totally agree. If it's working for you, keep up the good work.