L1 model1 with l1 compact

Has anyone used a L1 model 1 with a L1 compact for extra sound and backup reasons.I am purchasing a compact for backup/monitor and I was wondering how it would sound together.

Why bother. You won’t need it together. Back up yes, sat speaker in another room run wirelessly, yes.

I know but I;m a backup freak and I don’t want to have to start pulling things out of the truck if something goes wrong. I was just wondering if if sounded good together or unbalanced etc… It’s better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it. Any feedback to users that have used both together would be apreciated.

Sincerely,
Dave

I used it together for dinner music when I had a big wall blocking me for half of the dinner time.

For the dance, I just turned it off.

I keep the compact in the van for back up in case I need it but haven’t yet. I have seen photos on here where they have used 1 L1 in the middle and put compacts on each side. Not sure how it works. Maybe they will chime in.

Depends on the gig. If you are doing a wedding reception for 200 guests, the L1 M1 will be fine. You can add the Compact for sound reinforcement, or to shape the sound to an odd sized/shaped room. However, if you are concerned about back up, the Compact by itself will NOT stand in for the L1 M1 at that same gig. If you are looking for back up, I would suggest a second L1 M1.

Thanks for the info AJB I am not trying to match the performance of the L1 I love mine I just didn’t want to spend that much money for a backup unit but was looking for something that would work in a emergency situation. With the ease and convenience of the L1 compact I was just going to set it up just in case and I wanted to make sure it would not clash with the L1 sound. If anyone has this setup and has run it this way feedback would be apreciated.

Thanks
Dave L

I could have used a wireless unit with a 2nd Compact tonight. I was in a huge room running sound with a T1 mixer and 2 Compacts. As usual, the Venue puts a DJ in the corners out of the way. So, I had to really crank up the Compacts to get the throw to the back of the room.
I am not sure if I used 1 L1 Mod 1 or 2 if it would have been Ny different. I truely believe the answer would have been a wireless unit across the room with the 2nd Compact.

quote:
Originally posted by Bobby Clark:
As usual, the Venue puts a DJ in the corners out of the way. So, I had to really crank up the Compacts to get the throw to the back of the room.
I am not sure if I used 1 L1 Mod 1 or 2 if it would have been Ny different. I truely believe the answer would have been a wireless unit across the room with the 2nd Compact.

Respectfully, that would have been one answer and probably a very good one, however…
And I say this from personal experience, I should say “bad experience”.
Having to set up with something between me and where the music is supposed to be heard has caused me to make pre-event venue visits mandatory and to recently add a line in my contract that says, "The Client shall insure there are no obstructions (tables, guests, walls, etc.) between the Entertainer’s speakers and the dance floor."
But the best laid plans of men and DJ’s can and will be subject to Murphy’s Law and a Compact connected wirelessly (or hard wired if practical) is an incredible asset.
On the other topic raised in this thread, I do believe a Compact can be an adequate back up to a single L1 in an emergency. The key word here is adequate. Another key word is practical, as you can literally keep a Compact under your table, just in case.
I have used a Compact with an L1 (actually 2) to cover the space behind me when I was set up on the dance floor and the bar was behind my back. It worked well but I had to be cautious when walking around the compact with a wireless mic to avoid feedback.

Dave, if you need a backup just go on eBay and find someone selling just the L1M1. I don’t see your speakers going out but the amp might. Make sure it’s an L1M1 because the speakers (sticks) you have now are not interchangeable with other models.

Thanks for all the input guys,I had a reception in a huge venue last night where I was stuck in a corner away from the dance floor and the added support of the Compact did the trick. I added a pic of the venue for you guys to check out how big this place is,300 guests no problem.

Sincerely,

Dave L