So Bose has moved on from SoundTouch, we should too

Bose has it all wrong, especially with the current market.
I’ve been looking at soundtouch products for a LONG while and very nearly went out and bought one the other day apart from I couldn’t get the ST 300 anymore from the shop I knew did have it at one point. Because of this it’s made me look in to it all again and I’m actually thinking not to buy bose anymore, even though the sound of the ST 300 sounded really good.

As I’m looking for functionality as well I’m actually swaying back towards sonos very very quickly, only downfall with them is no Bluetooth and quality isn’t all there compared to bose, other wise they would be perfect.

Now bose is loosing it’s ST features that’s kinda moved it off my purchasing list I feel, sorry

Hi,

I had a great respect on Bose but now I realized that how stupid I'm spent on Bose Products.   I spent huge on Lifestyle and Sound Touch and Sound Touch Adapter...  I dont know how long our issues are pending with product development.  As some one mentioned Bose is forcing us to sepnd again and again instead of supporting us. Yes if it is very old speakers nothing wrong in spending for new but i just bought the sound touch a year back and not used at all . There are no support from Bose India to avail music services.   Waste of Money, Waste of Energry..  I regret that i bought a useless dump.

Im sure Bose will concentrate only on making money rather than considering customers needs

I totally agree buddy, I've very recently invested in 4 Soundtouch speakers not realising they would be considered 'old tech' within months of buying them. Even if they made this new range of speakers so that they would be compatible with the soundtouch app for a basic network grouping but nothing more, I'd probably have bought a Bose home speaker 500. As it stands I've been flying the flag of Bose for years when friends were telling me not to bother and they've majorly dropped the ball here. Wish I'd have gone with Sonos. 

wrote:

honestly im very happy whit my soundtouch systems, i have two soundtouch 300, one whit acoustimass and invisible 300, one soundtouch 30 series iii, one soundtouch 20 series iii. its an awesome system and i love it, and im very happy whit the announce support for airplay 2 on all my devices. That been said, the only problem that i saw is the option to buy a bose home because if i want to, only in the future via airplay 2 a multiroom option will be possible, im agree about the moving to another arquitecture and thats the technology, but there no chance to sell all my stuff only for the alexa built in, im on the apple ecosystem so alexa its not in my horizon but im understand all the people who wants the chance to connect the old soundtouch whit the new smarthome because alexa built in option.

This post reflects my thoughts as well. I own a number of SoundTouch speakers, a Cinemate 130 bar and a SoundTouch wireless adaptor. I too am firmly in the Apple eco system, as such I have a few Airport Express routers, iPad Pro, IPhone and an iMac. My wifi router is an AirPort Extreme. I have put this gear through the paces using SoundTouch, AirPlay 1 and 2 (iOS) networking and Bose Wired Input Rebroadcast ironically using Airport Express routers. I have been fortunate that I haven’t encountered any of the problems reported on this site. My system has been robust and works very well, even after a recent move requiring a take down and reassemble.

I fully understand the departure from SoundTouch to the new line of Smart Home speakers. SoundTouch as a platform is going on 5 years. I am not aware of any SoundTouch component having built in microphones other than for room optimization using Adapt IQ. 

@Like @gonzalhob stated, I too am not interested in jumping to the new Smart Home speaker line to get access to Alexa selling off my SoundTouch gear in the process. At this time I am quite happy using a physical remote to give my speakers commands. I plan on keeping my SoundTouch gear for some time to come. Agreed though, when it is time to start upgrading it would have been nice to carry on with the SoundTouch platform into the new Smart Speaker line. By then however, who knows what platform will be utilized by Bose.

@gonzalhob Bose has announced AirPlay 2 will be available for SoundTouch systems in 2019.

jimgfitz Has obviously retired from Bose, why else would he be defending the decision to create a new platform, maybe he is even a share holder.  Regardless I am in the same boat as many others complaining about the new Bose platform. I too have spent thousands on my 7 Bose sountouch devices and unless something is done to integrate the soundtouch speakers into the new platform I am done with Bose, as soon as this system is dead. 

wrote:

As a retired business decision maker with a multi-billion dollar consumer products company, I disgree.

Thread has been locked due to off-topic discussion.