(2) Different Bose Sleepbuds II Case DOA Dead on Arrival! No Lights wont charge (JUNK)

Just got my 3rd set, 3 in a row all dead on arrival, will not charge. This is completely ridiculous at this point. Bose YOU HAVE A PROBLEM HERE you need to address this. 

Can we please get something from Bose on this? Why is this happening so frequently, what are you doing about it?

Hi Mr Garak.

Thank you for your reaching out.

We are always looking for ways to improve and update our products. We are taking this matter seriously for the sake of our customers.

With this issue, we believe it to be isolated cases. We do not have much like this happening.

If in case that you receive units like this, you can always return it and get a replacement or refund. We would be happy to do that with no fuzz at all. Just contact your support team in your region.

We thank you for your patience and understanding.

Hello,

Unfortunately I'm another unlucky user that got their Sleepbuds 2 dead on arrival... I was so excited to try them but after opening the box, the case won't charge at all, I've tried different cables, chargers, resseting, there's no light coming from the case! Moreover, I'm not even in a country where I can request a replacement which is really a shame. I was definitely not expecting such an issue for a 250eur product and especially not from Bose.

I've tried contacting the support, hopefully someone will reach out to me and hope I can get the replacements even if I'm not in a country listed...

This is definitely not an isolated issue, especially after the global issues with Sleepbuds gen 1. Hopefully I haven't wasted so much money on nothing...

** I can confirm this is not an isolated issue **

If the SB2 case is idle too long without charging, the battery is depleted and can not  be recharged. 

I had 8 pairs of SB2 sitting in a box for about 6 months or so (as long term spares).  I opened up all of the boxes one by one, and none of the 8 cases would charge at all.  Luckily they were all still under warranty and I had them all replaced. 

This makes sense why there's a surge recently with this particular issue after so many months after release. It's basically dead on arrival for anyone receiving a product that was manufactured a couple of months ago and for which the case battery got drained below the threshold to allow recharge. Yet I honestly can't understand how nobody thought of this situation when they designed the cases... It's disappointing to say the least.

Everywhere you look, here, reddit, Amazon reviews, so on, you will see tons of people complaining about this but only starting in the recent 2 months. Bose wouldn't even try and help me with mine because even though I'm in an EU country, they don't have an official shop here.

Also it's unbelievable you can't buy only the case, since that's the issue basically, I have to spend another 250eur and potentially get an older one that has this issue again. Mindblowing...

I gave up with these, I'm going to try the Kokoon buds at somepoint. Every time I've purchased/exchanged them i've had this issue. They have a problem that isn't as small as they think and they don't seem to be doing anything about or even really care.

Great product idea, horrendously executed, maybe they'll get the sleepbuds III right. 

I just experienced the same thing. I bought a pair at Best Buy Canada and it was dead. Let them stay on charge for 24 hours. Still dead. Took them back to a different Best Buy and got a replacement pair...same issue. This is unfortunate as we had 2 pair of Gen 1 and went back for Gen 2 thinking they would not have these would not have charge issues again after what the last recall out have cost Bose. We want to like this product again, but there is clearly an issue. I will take these back as well tomorrow but will not get another pair until this is resolved.

Rocky

Bose what are you doing to address this problem? It's not limited or isolated, something has gotta change. 

Hello Community,

We appreciate you taking the time to reach out to the community forum. I'm sorry to hear that you all have been having this experience with your Sleepbuds II and thank you for the feedback. 

The community forum is a place for troubleshooting, and are unable to assist with product servicing. As previously stated, if you are facing this isolated issue with your product, please contact your local Bose product support team directly for assistance. 

You can reach out to your local support team by clicking this link and selecting your region. This will redirect you to our website. Please scroll to the bottom of the website and there you will find a 'Contact Us' tab, this will provide you with all the relevant contact information for your country. 

Your purchase comes provided with a 1 year warranty (2 years in Europe), one of our Sleepbud II support agents will gladly resolve these concerns for you.