2 Sets of SoundSport free w/left earbud not working correctly(not just during phone calls) @Tony_G

Well I have been reading these comments about the SoundSport free and I thought I should put how my experience has gone. I have bought two sets of these earphones. I bought one for my wife and one for myself. The ones for my wife are a birthday gift for her upcoming birthday. I have not given them to her yet as her birthday is coming up, however, I have opened them. Let me explain why I am writing this comment. I tried my headset out and the left earbud drops out every time I use them, especially when I go outside. I did some online research including this online forum and I see this complaint is everywhere. I did all the recommendations, like using the Bose connect app, inserting and removing the earbuds from the case to reset them, deleting all the connections through the left earbud Bluetooth button and reconnecting them, updating the firmware etc. etc. etc… I still am having the issue. So, with this problem in my set I decided to check my wife’s set. You guessed it, same problem. So again, I tried all the fixes to no avail.

Now I own a bunch of Bose products and I have enjoyed them all immensely from qc30’s and qc35’s to direct reflect speakers, heck my whole GMC Sierra Denali truck is lined in Bose with active noise reduction. I love the technology but I am really disappointed with this product.

I called the product support line and was able to get a little help, although an explanation was not given. I provided the serial numbers and then I was questioned about what steps I had taken. After exhausting all their questions about the fixes with affirmative answers, I was told that I can mail them my product and they will replace them after they receive this product as a return. This process involves waiting a couple of days for a mailing label, waiting for ground shipment on the return to Bose, and then waiting for them to ship me a replacement after they check all their appropriate boxes. This is going to take some time and I am in jeopardy of not having a gift for my wife on her birthday as well as being out the set I have for myself. I use my set almost daily although I have had to go back to a wired set as the left ear bud going in and out is very aggravating. Ninety five percent of the time there is just mediocre mono sound coming from the right earbud. The beautiful sound that comes from these earbuds requires that both are working. We are talking about hundreds of dollars for a couple of sets of earphones. Well, I certainly can understand where Bose is coming from, I am very disappointed as not having a working birthday gift for my wife is an issue. Bose is an enormous company making high end sound equipment, with price tags to match. I don’t mind spending the money but, I expect a quality product and quality customer service in return.

I went with a Bose product because I have such admiration for the company. This however is tainting my opinion. I am wondering why a top of the line audio manufacturing company would have an issue like this. This issue is everywhere on the internet including this community forum. With a problem this large I would expect a company like Bose to provide a customer faster service if they are providing a functional replacement, especially with the epidemic nature of the product. These two sets of earbuds are new as Bose can tell by the serial numbers I provided them. I certainly hope this problem gets resolved as the sound that comes from these earphones is excellent when they do work. As always Bose makes an excellent sounding product but something with sport in the name has to be able to be used inside and out, while participating in sports, and not fail with only one earbud working, and giving off a mono sound.

I am tagging Tony_G with this email with  as I have seen that you have had this complaint multiple times. Can you provide some assistance or insight?

Hi chrisferschke,

Thank you for posting and for being a loyal Bose customer. I am sorry that your experience with your SoundSport Frees wasn't ideal.  We will DM you to see if we can assist. 

Regards,

Tony - Community Support

I wanted to take a minute to shout some praise. All to often companies only hear the negative and community sights are simply full of complaints. I too came to this sight with a problem that I was hoping would be heard. After, heralding my concerns and seeking help from Tony_G at who I had seen address my type of problem previously on this community site, I was greeted by a helpful understanding individual who was quick to act to try to understand my issues and assist me. This interaction with Tony_G at Bose has rejuvenated my confidence in this company as a leader in both the audio industry and customer service. I will continue to give my business to this company and I will promote that all those who ask me for suggestions on where to buy audio equipment seek their products from Bose, not only based on the excellent quality of their products but also on their customer service. I would like to say a particular thanks to Tony_G for your quick response and assistance with my issue. You helped me in a fast, courteous, intuitive manner. Tony_G: You changed this experience for me from me feeling like just a number in a long line of numbers, to a PERSON, who had a problem and needed help from a company they had trustingly purchased something from, and successfully feeling like the company would in return treat them with individualized respect.

Sincerely,

Chris

Hi chrisferschke,

I'm glad I could help. come back anytime!

Regards,

Tony

How was the problem fixed, without returning the product. I, myself have multiple Bose product from noise cancellation headphone, to surround sound, to wireless speakers. Actually in total my wife and I have about 8 products all together. I am getting ready to give up on the sports version of Bose since I had problem with the Soundsport and now I thought I upgraded by buying Soundsport free. I guess I am wrong both times. Please help.

I had to return the product for a replacement, but the customer service was excellent. I had just purchased the product so I was well within my return period. The staff was very understanding and helpful. I was in the same position as yourself, a long standing Bose customer, who was feeling jaded. However the customer service with this problem was such that it renewed my faith in the company. I am loving my Soundsport frees now. 

Did the replacement solve the problem? I just bought mine a few days ago and have the same problem.

yes

Thank you. I guess I will have to go and return and replace my set also.

I have the same problem.   I am on my second pair of the wireless SoundSport and are going to take back them tomorrow.   I called support and they told me to download the new firmware, which was not as easy as the upgrade for Jabra which can be done right in the app.

I am throughly disappointed in Bose.  We all spend more money on their products so things like this shouldn’t happen.   I will think three times before I buy another Bose product.  My Dr Dre wireless Studios have much better sound anyway so I will continue to use them.