321 GS Series II to Samsung Crystal UHD TU7000 75"

Before creating a new topic, please search the Community to avoid creating duplicate threads. If you are posting about a problem, the more of the below details you can include (if applicable) the easier it will be for others to try and help. Go to https://bose.life/2K1GbJl for a helpful post on how to find relevant information, including your firmware and app version information!

Bose product name  321 GS Series II

Country USA

GOOD MORNING...

found this series of posts regarding the issue I am having,

(SEE BELOW POST COPY/DETAILS POSTED FROM THIS SITE)

but I am unclear as to what I need to do...I bought an optical cord and returned it because I called BOSE to assist me in setting this up and they said my 321 system was too old for my new TV...so I searched for a solution and was thrilled to find your posts here. 

Questions:

Do I need all three of these items to connect the Bose to the Samsung:

1. GETFIT HDMI To 3 RCA HD Digital Video Audio Converter Adapter

2. HDMI to RCA Cable, 1080P 5ft/1.5m HDMI Male to 3-RCA Video Audio AV Cable Connector Adapter Transmitter for TV HDTV DVD

3. GETFIT HDMI To 3 RCA HD Digital Video Audio Converter Adapter

Also...am I understanding it correctly that I must somehow view my BOSE settings on a laptop or device to change my setting on the BOSE to optical?  How do I do this exactly?

I'm not seeing my BOSE menu on the new TV, and the tech support from BOSE could not help-she did a BLIND setting trial that failed, so I am not clear how I view this Bose menu to change the settings exactly, what settings do I choose (OPTICAL) and how to access this?

I found this information online for settings, but I need to figure out how to even see this somewhere to get to it...suggestions?

AmyBracken_5-1623507142969.pngAmyBracken_6-1623507181968.pngAmyBracken_7-1623507206300.png

I would really appreciate any clarification on these items and the settings procedure.  

THANKS - AMY BRACKEN

POST SEQUENCE I HAVE BEEN FOLLOWING FROM 2020

321 GS Series II Optical connection to TV
 ‎06-19-2020 02:35 AM 
Message 1 of 3

Hello

I have the above and am trying to connect to a new Samsung Smart TV via the optical cable.
The 321 GS works perfectly but the Optical port has never been used.
When I setup the TV to use optical it sets up seemingly okay but there is no sound on the BOSE.
The optical cable shows a red light at the BOSE end so the optical cable is working.
I have no other optical devices to test the BOSE.
What can be wrong?

The only thing I can see is that the BOSE optical input is not working.

There is nothing in the manual at all about the optical input.

The TV only has one output, the optical.

Bose product name

321 GS Series II DVD Home Entertainment System connecting to a new Samsung Crystal UHD TU7000 75" TV

Country USA

Firmware Version

App Version

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Any troubleshooting steps you took