650 uMusic Capability?

Does the 650 have a uMusic capability like the Lifestyle 28/48 has? Where you can select a Genre and then plus or minus the individual songs if you like them or not?

They've kind of gone beyond that now.  Because the trend has gone away from stored music to streaming music, they now rely on services like Spotify to do that instead.  So if you have spotify linked in, then the SoundTouch software will allow you to select playlists that you create or that are curated for you (such as jazz channels, easy listening, 80's pop)

But, that doesn't help for your personal stored music.  uMusic let you listen to the songs you liked, not necessarily the whole CD or album.  Isn't there any option for personal stored music?  

I use Pandora and enjoy that, but do also listen to my own stored CDs, and mostly use uMusic when I do.

I understand that unfortunately it doesn't help in your case, but the fact is the majority of people aren't doing it that way anymore.  U-music hasn't been in their systems for around 10 years, maybe longer, but I know I was selling u-music systems 19 years ago so it is considered an old technology (just like people don't use ipods much anymore) so I was explaining what Bose does now instead.

The only work around I can think off is, placing your music on a external drive, i.e NAS,, create your folders with Geners, most liked songs etc, then place your music files in the appropriate folders, admittedly, its time consuming but, like Morlock has stated, tech will come and go, no matter how convenient or liked, I'm in no rush to buy a new TV due to the abandoned 3D tech 😔

It seems like Bose might have taken a step backward getting rid of uMusic capability.  I was hoping that maybe I just wasn't keeping up with the new tech.  Sure will miss the /- capability of uMusic.  It is very similar to Thumbs up/Down on Pandora.  So far I haven't used Spotify so don't know what it has.  Also haven't use Windows Media or Itunes to see if either of them are options.

Thanks......Ron