A20 Repair Help

Fell and snapped my A20 headset. The only real damage appears to be the broken adjustable earcup yoke/arm on the right hand side. Can I order these parts and do this at home? Do I have to send these in?

Im fairly upset about this incident so any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Bose A20

Located in Ontario, Canada

1106DD5C-E38D-4A55-886F-33A8F6B5274D.jpeg

Hi Kokes,

That's really upsetting and a shame. Sadly Bose won't sell user parts like this, only 'Service' Kits which consists of the Ear Cushions and Mic Sock. You will have to send it back for repair to them via their website or through a local Canada Bose Dealer. I think it has a 5 year warranty.

If you can't do without it, One other way around it is to try and buy a used one off one of the Auction Sites and swap the Mic and Downlead assy off yours so you can have a Headset while yours is sent away. The Mic assy comes off by carefully undoing the two little phillips screws either side of the Mic Base where it abuts the Headset and unplug it once they are out.

You can send just your Headset off then. You can either reverse the procedure when it comes back from repair, or sell it on. There is a good market for used Bose A20's.

Hope that helps,

All the best,

Larry

Hello Kokes, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community! 

I am so sorry you are having this issue. As mentioned, we do not sell this part individually, the best option here would be to reach out to your local customer support center and explore the service options for your headset. You can do this by clicking this link here, selecting your region, scrolling to the bottom of the page, and selecting contact us. If you are in the US or UK you can also reach out via Facebook or Twitter and one of our team can help you there. Or you can book in an exchange on the UK or US website by selecting the option under the 'Support Tab'. 

Your post and suggestion were both very helpful. I managed to find the parts through the sites you mentioned and should be able to complete the repair in home once they arrive. 

Thank you so much for the help! This certainly turned my day around. 

Cheers