A35 Connections

I am anticipating getting my V35 receiver repaired by Bose and sent back.  I have labeled all the cables except 2.  These are definitely Bose cables and I do not know where they go.  Both of these cables have multipin male connectors.  The actual cable on one is smallish and round.  The actual cable on the other is flat. My acoutmass module is in the ceiling so I cannot see it. There are 3 multi pin connector ports in the rear of the receiver.  One is labeled Acoustimass Module, One is labeled Bose Link in and one is Bose Link out.  Can someone please tell me where these 2 cables get connected.

Thanks.

wrote:

I am anticipating getting my V35 receiver repaired by Bose and sent back.  I have labeled all the cables except 2.  These are definitely Bose cables and I do not know where they go.  Both of these cables have multipin male connectors.  The actual cable on one is smallish and round.  The actual cable on the other is flat. My acoutmass module is in the ceiling so I cannot see it. There are 3 multi pin connector ports in the rear of the receiver.  One is labeled Acoustimass Module, One is labeled Bose Link in and one is Bose Link out.  Can someone please tell me where these 2 cables get connected.

Thanks.

Photos would be helpful, but I'm guessing the flat one is the power cable and if you only have a single round cable (even among the others which are labelled) then it would have to be the Acouistimass cable. I have a picture of the rear of your receiver in this post as it also doubles as a guide to help people use 4k and have lossless audio at the same time.

I hope that this helps solve your question. Let us know how it works out 🙂

It is not the power cable.  Yes I have the photo of the rear that you provided.  These two cables go from the V35 to a wall plate.  From there I think they go over to a closet that has two amplifiers.  That is where the wiring is sent to the speakers and subwoofer.

Attached is a photo of the cables. Bose Cables.jpg

wrote:

It is not the power cable.  Yes I have the photo of the rear that you provided.  These two cables go from the V35 to a wall plate.  From there I think they go over to a closet that has two amplifiers.  That is where the wiring is sent to the speakers and subwoofer.

Attached is a photo of the cables. 

That photo is quite small and sadly it did not help a lot, but it looks like you are showing either two boselink cables (one Boselink out and one Boselink in) That would be true if BOTH cables connect to the amplifiers.

Or you are showing one boselink out cable (the one that goes to the amp) and the Acoustimass cable if only one cable connects to that amplifier and the other goes to the subwoofer. 

What is written on the side of the cables? From what I can see (linked above), Boselinked cables typically had that written on them and the Accounstimas cable had an arrow on it. 

https://www.bose.com/en_us/support/products/bose_home_theater_support/bose_5_speaker_home_theater_support/lsv35/manuals_downloads.html 

We are making progress.  I looked again today (since all these cables are in a small dark space) and discovered the flat wire cable has Boselink A on it.  Not sure if that Boselink In or Boselink Out.  The other cable has a flat side with an arrow.  I assume that one will plug into the acoustimass port.  So  do you think the Boselink A cable in in or out?

Dennis

wrote:

We are making progress.  I looked again today (since all these cables are in a small dark space) and discovered the flat wire cable has Boselink A on it.  Not sure if that Boselink In or Boselink Out.  The other cable has a flat side with an arrow.  I assume that one will plug into the acoustimass port.  So  do you think the Boselink A cable in in or out?

Dennis

Yes, the Boselink A cable plugs into the Boselink Out port and the Acoustimass cable plugs into the Acoustimass port.