Acoustamass 4 doesn't seem to have ever existed?

I purchased an Acoustamass 4 system from eBay years ago and never really took the time to get any documentation on it. I have been gathering docs for all of my stereos system to archive in the Cloud, and I inadvertently discovered that there is no documentation for this system. As a matter of fact, according to Bose support, it never existed! I cannot find anything on this system anywhere! What gives with this? Is this some sort of weird Mandela Effect thing? I just want to download a manual and get some specs!

Acoustamass 4

USA

wrote:

I purchased an Acoustamass 4 system from eBay years ago and never really took the time to get any documentation on it. I have been gathering docs for all of my stereos system to archive in the Cloud, and I inadvertently discovered that there is no documentation for this system. As a matter of fact, according to Bose support, it never existed! I cannot find anything on this system anywhere! What gives with this? Is this some sort of weird Mandela Effect thing? I just want to download a manual and get some specs!

Acoustamass 4

USA

I searched for it on Bose's support page and didn't find it there. Yet when I googled it, I found a copy of the manual on Bose's server and it was listed on the UK Amazon site. It looks like it existed, but someone forgot to add it to the support page. It looks like it was a single cube version of the Acoustimass 7.

Any chance that an  could update the support page to include this?

I'm guessing it's the same as a Bose Acoustimass 5, but with three cube speakers instead of two.  Or as already posted, the same as a Bose Acoustimass 7, but with single cube speakers instead of double cubes.

This is as good a solution as any for me, thank you! You have cleared a few things up for me already. Apparently the seller of this item did his own edits with the setup. I got mine with no center speaker and 2 double cubes. Obviously this is not the original config!

I notice though that Bose (once again) neglected to leave the frequency range info off their manual. You wouldn't happend to know where I could find this info, would you?

Thanks!

wrote:

This is as good a solution as any for me, thank you! You have cleared a few things up for me already. Apparently the seller of this item did his own edits with the setup. I got mine with no center speaker and 2 double cubes. Obviously this is not the original config!

So basically it's now an Acoustimass 3. A pity you didn't get everything it originally came with. Though other systems from Bose would be better surround sound systems if you ever wanted to go down that route.

wrote:

I notice though that Bose (once again) neglected to leave the frequency range info off their manual. You wouldn't happend to know where I could find this info, would you?

Thanks!

Bose never has with their consumer products, and unless they abandon a core philosophy from their founder, Dr Amar Bose, they never will. The only time Bose has ever listed frequency range is with their Pro speakers.

I see! Well that's OK. I decided to just get out the test sweep tone I have that spans human hearing range and see what it was at my receiver's normal listening level. That was enough for me.

Thanks for the reply, though! I appreciate the insight here!