Acoustimass 5 Discontinued?

I notice the Acoustimass 5 speakers are no longer for sale on the Bose website under Stereo Speakers. Has the product been discontinued or is it simply out of stock right now? 

Hi mdpeterman,

Thanks for reaching out. 

The original Acoustimass 5 was discontinued in 1990. 

Are you referencing the Acoustimass 5 V? You can view an image here for confirmation. If so, this is still an actively available product, if this is not shown on our website, it is likely we are currently out of stock. For the most accurate information, do reach out to your local Bose product support team. 

You can reach out to your local support team by clicking this link and selecting your region. This will redirect you to our website. Please scroll to the bottom of the website and there you will find a 'Contact Us' tab, this will provide you with all the relevant contact information for your country. An agent here can provide you with stock information and may be able to process a back-order for you. 

If you have any further questions, do let us know.

I have purchased the Series V AM 5 about a year ago brand new, and at that time I was advised by my local Bose dealer that it will slowly go out of production soon, if not already.

When the Bose 901 went discontinued, it went off the Bose website just as this product did.

I mean the current (or latest generation) AM5. Looking at the Bose US site, the product is no-longer available for purchase. 

https://www.bose.com/en_us/products/speakers/stereo_speakers.html

I suspect that we may not see Stereo speakers in the Bose lineup at all soon. What a shame. Losing their way. Smart speakers are nice, but people that truly love music probably want an actual setup with real stereo speakers. 

I totally agree.  Their only popular stereo speakers at the moment are the outdoor ones which should last awhile on sale. 

I’ve been watching their website and notice it in early 2020. It’s now 2021 and they still don’t have the AM5 listed and they currently took the Bose 201’s off their website. I have the Series V AM5 and  I wish they continue to make it. I would love to see the AM5 get the new Omni jewel 360 speaker added into the setup. Please Bose...

I think they are discontinued sadly. But no official word from Bose. They are forgetting their core customer has always loved the stereo speakers they made and aren't interested in the small portable speakers that can't match the performance of the bigger stereo setups. 

I totally agree.  One reason why I went and rushed out to by the AM5 V is because I heard it will be no longer and needed a new smaller footprint stereo setup.  To me its the best AM5 they made, the new jewel cubes look fantastic and never sounded better.  No gaps in midrange/bass.