Adding a Sub to the L1 Compact

I would like to add a sub to my L1 compact. Would I come out of the 1/4" output jack in the back of L1?

yes

Yes, if it’s a powered sub you’d like to connect.
Seems like a good way to boost the Compact’s bite. Use the output jack at the top.

Ed,
Another thought too. I have a friend who bought 2 Compacts and wished they had more power and bass.
I suggested one alternative was to add one powered sub. A good sub can be had for around $300.

Good subs like that are heavy though. Difficult to lug around from gig to gig. We’re talking about 50lbs depending on which one you would get.

He opted, as his choice, to start saving up for an L1/B1 instead and to sell his Compacts one at a time as he could make the upgrade.

I thought I’d tell you about that. With the L1/B1 it’s very doubtful you’ll need any additional subs. And the weight factor isn’t so terrible either compared to a powered sub. The L1/B1 gives good bang and is designed for the right balance of sound. Food for thought.

I would like to know if I can add a B1 Sub with its own Packlite amp to a Compact and will the EQ curve be carried over to the B1 Thumper

Hi Thumper,

You will probably want to use a crossover.

Here’s a discussion where people did exactly that.

Compact plus B1 and PackLite.

They get into real solution mode with reports of results in the middle of the second page of the discussion.

thanks ST

quote:
Originally posted by THUMPER:
I would like to know if I can add a B1 Sub with its own Packlite amp to a Compact and will the EQ curve be carried over to the B1 Thumper

Hi Thumper, long time no see, how you been?

The "B1 Curve" is not available at the output of the Compact system.
Nevertheless, the crossover/Packlite/B1(or B2) can certainly work, I've had good luck with it.
Bottom line though, it's simpler to just bring a Model II.
Less routing/plugging/adjusting hassles at the gig, I've gone back to Model II for now.
Maybe when I can't pick up the B2 and speaker towers anymore, I'll go back to the Compact arrangement with a couple of B1s.

I made a video that shows my routing setup.

I have been well Drumr. Hope you are doing well too. I was just exploring using a Compact on my smaller gigs with my Zendrum as I have read before that it is not really enough for a bass drum? Still would be an even easier setup it I can work with it in my situation. Maybe Bose will come out with a version with a 10" bass speaker now that would be cool Thumper

Drumr do you think that the compact would have enough bass for a Roland TD-20 in a small bar or eatery. I will be playing with a myself a Roland midi accordion and acoustic guitar with 3 vocals we do not play very loud thanks Thumper