Airplay not work on Portable Home Speaker(Spotify is OK)

Bose product name: Portable Home Speaker

Firmware Version

7.0.10-2728 7dac32d

App Version: 4.2.4

iPhone 12 promax iOS 14.3

I successfully setup the speaker via wifi in Bose Music app, and tried Spotify which works fine. However, when I try to stream audio from Apple Music app(or QQ music app) to the speaker with wifi, I always got the error "Cannot connect to speaker". I noticed that there are some discussion in the community in 2019 and 2020 for this issue, but I wonder if there's any solution for this issue?

Hey , thanks for posting!

Sorry to hear that you're having issues streaming to your Portable Home Speaker through AirPlay. 

Have you been able to successfully stream via AirPlay to any other devices before?

Here are some great steps to go through to resolve this issue.

Let us know if the problem persists.

Hi, I have tried everything you mentioned even work with another router, but I am still unable to connect to airplay.

BTW, I wonder if you could leave a technical support email address for further assistant? thanks

Hi elventang,

Thanks for the update! If you haven't already, I would definitely recommend checking to make sure that the routers you have been using are optimized for use with the speaker by setting them up with our recommended router settings found HERE.

If you would like to talk to your local support team for further assistance with this, you can find the contact information for them at this link, by selecting your country/region and then the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of the page.

I hope this helps, let me know!