Alexa and Bose 700

Soundbar 700

USA

I have a Sony TV and I just got the Bose Soundbar 700 installed. I can ask Alexa what is the weather and stuff like that, but when I ask Alexa to turn on/off Living room she says Living room doesn't support that.

But If I say Alexa turn off tv and she goes through the motions but the TV doesn't go off or on. I can say Alexa change the station and she can't. 

I have check for the latest update and that was installed but still I have the same problem. I don't know if I have to wait for more updates for this to fix the issue or not?

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out, sorry to hear that you are experiencing some issues with Alexa. 

We have had reports that Amazon were experiencing technical difficulties with Alexa at this time, however we have been informed this is now resolved. 

If this is still not working for you, let's begin by removing and re-adding Alexa to your Soundbar. You can find instructions in this link. 

Let us know how you get on. 

Thank you for reaching out. I finally got Alexa to work and I am very satisfied. 

Thanks for confirming this for us. Please could you mark Tegan's answer as the accepted solution to help other community users who may face the same difficulties? Let us know if you need assistance in the future.