Alexa Voice assistant stopped working since latest firmware

Hi

I’m having some trouble with my smart speaker. It appears since the last firmware updates that Alexa is no longer working. I can use Alexa through the Alexa app on my phone. But the voice assistant does not work. 
has anyone else had this issue. I unpaired and repaired Alexa with the speaker and it worked initially. But then it stopped again. 

preciously it worked seemlesly. No there is no led light when I say ‘Alexa ….’

I’ve also added an echo dot to the home.  Although it is in another room. Could this have an impact on the speaker and voice assistant. 

Bose product name: smart speaker

Firmware Version 8.0.16-4 e3ca018

App Version:

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Any troubleshooting steps you took

Hi Dmohalloran 

Welcome to the Community! Thank you for your post.

Sorry to about the voice assistant not working. Usually this can be addressed by just power cycling to refresh the connection. 

Please follow the steps below.

1. Sign out of your account in the Bose Music app.
2. Unplug the speaker and router from power for 3 minutes.
3. After that, plug them back in and wait for the router and speaker to fully restart.
4. Sign in back on the app and test the speaker.

thanks for your tips. I tried all those. It seems to resolve itself until I turn the speaker off. Then the ‘Alexa …’ function does not work when I turn it back on. I can still communicate with the speaker through the Alexa app on my iPhone. 

as I said it previous worked well. 
I have been using Google assistant since my last post and the ‘hey Google …’ function works perfectly every time. 

I think the error is on the Alexa end as the speaker is working fine in every other way. 

Hey, thank you so much for your tips !

Having the same problem.

tried unpairing/repairing/deleting speaker/reloading to AMAZON account/checked all internet connections.

‘Both Alexa app on iPhone 7plus, Bose Music work fine. I have SB500 and 700 Headphones both work fine.

Timing was around the same time as the person that submitted the first inquiry.

Hello GSlade, 

Thank you for also posting and contributing to this thread. I'd also like to welcome you to the Community for the first time! 

To confirm you are having this issue with Alexa on both of your products? I'd also like to know if you are able to use Google Assistant with your products at all? 

Please can you also try using another device to see if we encounter the same issue? 

We look forward to hearing back from you with further details! 

Thanks for the reply. My Sound Bar 500 and my Bose 700 headphones both work fine. My smart speaker is the only one with the issue. I prefer Alexa over Google, but Google seems to work.

Thanks for updating us GSlade. 

When you say your Smart Speaker are you referring to your Soundbar or do you have another product? If you have another product can you please confirm which product you have? 

If you are unsure you can find out exactly what product you have by entering your serial number here

I look forward to hearing back from you with further information 

I do have a sound bar that works fine. SN for speaker with issue 080175993040713AE Bose Portable Home Speaker

Hi everyone,

This is a duplicate thread. There is an ongoing discussion on the same subject on the Community, which can be found HERE.

To keep all comments in one place, we will be locking this thread. We welcome you to join the discussion in the linked thread if you have additional comments. Thank you.