Amazon Echo connection problem

My Amazon Echo app shows my Bose QC35 II Connection Status as ”Connected" but my Bose app doesn’t show my Echo as a connection option and doesn’t "Connect New” to my Echo.  I only have 1 device connected to the headphones.  Any help is much appreciated.  Thank you.  

Hi ,

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the Bose Community.

I'm sorry to hear of the trouble you've had configuring your QuietComfort 35 ii headphones with your Echo device. Can I ask - are you trying to use your headphones as an output for your Echo system commands?

Or, are you referring to setting up the Alexa voice assistant with your headphones?

Also, are you trying to connect two devices to the headphones at the same time? Or are you saying that you've only managed to connect one device to the headphones?

Warm regards,

Sam F - Community Support

Hi Sam and thank you for replying.  

I’m trying to be able to listen to my Amazon Echo through the Bose headphones.  

The Bose app states you can only connect 2 devices at once.  So my comment was intended to indicate that I’m not trying to connect a third device.  I can connect to my iPhone and to my iPad, but not the Echo.  My Amazon app shows the Bose Q35II as "Online". 

Hi ,

Thanks for the clarification.

So, you're looking to use the headphones as a Bluetooth device of the Echo system. Have you managed to go through the Bluetooth device setup in the Alexa app for the Echo system? Does it find the QC35 ii available to connect to? If not, you'll have to put the headphones into pairing mode - as I'm sure you already know.

Try forgetting the iPhone and iPad Bluetooth connections to the headphones, then try to connect to the Echo just by itself to see if that helps in making the connection.

Warm regards,

Sam F

Sam, yes, I’m looking to use the headphones as a Bluetooth device of the Echo system.

in Amazon Alexa app:  Add Device - Headphones - Available Devices shows Bose QC35II - click Continue and Amazon Alexa app shows “ Connecting" but then shows "We are having trouble pairing with your device"

i did try forgetting the iPhone and iPad Bluetooth connections to the headphones, then try to connect to the Echo just by itself - but no luck.  Same message:  "We are having trouble pairing with your device" Then the headphones connect automatically to my iPhone. 

Hi @Spaejo,

Thanks again for clarifying.

I'd suggest clearing the pairing list of the headphones, so we can start anew. To do this, simply slide the power button towards the Bluetooth icon for about ten seconds until you hear the "Bluetooth device list cleared".

Once done, you'll need to follow the steps here to pair a device to your Echo system.

Try those steps and keep me updated with the results!

Warm regards,

Sam F

That worked!!  Thank you for your help Sam. 

Hi !

That's great to hear!

If you encounter any issues in the future, just try the steps we went through on this thread.

Warm regards,

Sam F