Audible click when trim indicator lights

I have an old Bose L1 model II with a Tonematch unit with a new problem.

On channel 1 only - when the Trim Indicator lights at all, even at lowest levels of input, there is an audible click as it lights and again as it goes off. 

I switched cables, mics and same thing. And all with no problem on the other channels.

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Hello swervinmervin, 

Would it be possible for you to provide video of this behavior so that we can investigate further?

Thanks!

I have 3 T1's altogether. One of these has the same problem described by swervinmervin. It doesn't matter through which PA I route this particular T1, the result is always the same. It's an audible click whenever the trim light goes on or off. ONLY on channel 1. I've tried it through an L1 Compact via TRS into channel 2 of the Compact. I've done the same with a Model 2 via TRS and also via Tonematch Cable. I've also tried it through a Hughes Kettner Era 1. The result is always the same. An audible click whenever the trim light on channel 1 of the T1 goes on or off.

I can't see that a video of this would be more helpful than the description already given. I think that it has got to be a component failure on the input of channel 1 on the T1 and is probably not a real big deal to repair.

I think that probably any electronics tech should be able to find and repair this fault for an acceptable fee. If Bose are still repairing these units, their flat repair rate for the unit will be too expensive for it to be an intersting proposition.

I hope that this has been of some help.

Thanks Jeremy, I’m away till the end of Feb, so will only get to  video then.