Aux input on Wave III suddenly stopped working

Hello,

i have been using my Bose wave III since last 4 years and suddenly today, the sound aux input stopped working only when I connect with my LG smart TV which was working fine till now. I tried connecting TV to other speaks using the same cable and it works and similarly, Bose connected to other input devices like Mobile phone also works. I am totally lost.. I am using a regular 3.5 mm cable for both input and output.

Hello jayeshkumar1976, 

Thanks for reaching out to the community. I am very sorry to hear that the AUX connection on your Wave system appears to no longer be working. 

We appreciate you taking the time to try some troubleshooting. 

These steps may sound simplistic however we would like to ensure that this has been looked into.

I would suggest that you take a look at the AUX jack on your system. Does there appear to be any blockages in the system? 

Is the AUX cable also securely attached to the system and you have selected AUX on the remote when playing audio from this source?

Please let us know, we would love to get this resolved for you. 

Kind regards, 

Tegan M - Community Support

Thank you Tegan.

It was an issue with a setting in LG Smart TV which has an option to adjust volume of external speakers and that was set to a very low volume. Hence, no output was coming to Bose wave system. It is nothing to do with Bose system. 

Hello Chloe,

Thanks for reaching out via the Bose Community. 

I'm sorry to hear your AUX input appears to be damaged. Please reach out to local support in your country to discuss your options for service. Details can be found here.

Kind regards, 

Jeff G 

AS a previous post.

Ive been using the Aux in to connect my ipod to the wave 3. Been working fine for 8 years or more. Suddenly nothing, when you try to switch to Aux all you get is "Please Wait" flashing then nothing.

Tried the usual "turn it off turn it on again" ITCroud routine to no avail. Bought a new ipod dock and it worked for approx a week now the same issue again. Tried a different ipod and no luck, even tried a different ipod? I'm using the standard cables provided in the docking kit.

So question is it worth calling in someone to look at and fix it or do i put it in the Bose bin of disappointments?

Hi peterobinmoore,

Are the iPod docks you have been testing with your Wave connecting to the BoseLink connection, or are they connecting to the 3.5mm AUX-in jack on the Wave? 

If you are using the BoseLink connection and the "IT Crowd" approach of resetting the speaker has not fixed this, then it does sound like the Wave would need to be booked in for a service. To discuss the service options available for your Wave you will want to reach out to your local support team for this. You can find the contact information at this link, by selecting your country/region and then the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of the page.

I hope this helps!

Hello

I have been playing my old iPod via the Boseline Dock for many years but just the other day, it stopped working mid-performance.  I know I can connect and play the iPod via the 3.5mm Aux connection but it won't charge the iPod like the Boselink Dock.  I have tried disconnecting the sound dock and reconnecting it and also tried another iPod but although the iPods keep playing music, there is no sound on the Wave Radio.  Any help would be appreciated.  The radio part of Wave III works fine.

Hello VeeGee and thank you for reaching out! 

Sorry to hear that you are having issues with your connections on your speaker. I will be happy to help! 

You mentioned that you connect via 3.5mm Aux connection. Can you confirm that you are getting audio via this method? 

If your dock isn't charging the iPod or passing audio through, there could be an issue with the connection point and may need servicing. You can find the local support team contact information by clicking here.

I hope this helps!  

The iPod does not play any sound either through the dedicated Bose Link iPod dock (this is the one I have used for years) and neither through the 3.5mm audio cable I recently bought to try it after the failure of the dock.  When I put the Ser No of our Wave Radio, I get a message saying currently there is no repair service available for this model and to try to contact Bose in your country.  This is despite me being on the UK website.  Bose had shut ALL stores in the UK.  Who should I contact for repairs or is the wave radio only suitable for the bin?!

I believe there is something wrong with the aux input and that there might be blockages as i've tried a few different aux cords and they only work if I prop them up somehow to a certain angle. How do I fix this?