Av35 ps28 in Home Theater

What is the difference between the ps28 iii and ps48 iii, I’m using cube jewel, v35 and ps28iii. I wonder if I should buy the exact sub... and if there will be a different in sound?

Bose product name

Country

Firmware Version

App Version

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Any troubleshooting steps you took

wrote:

What is the difference between the ps28 iii and ps48 iii, I’m using cube jewel, v35 and ps28iii. I wonder if I should buy the exact sub... and if there will be a different in sound?

They are physically the same, they have a different pre-programed EQ for the speakers they were sold with. I briefly go over the sub in this upgrade guide.

I also go over some of the best ways to connect an AV35 receiver with a 4K HDTV in this guide.

I hope that this answer helps solve your question 🙂

When you say pre-programmed, does that mean that running adapt iq on a ps28iii will basically correct it and I can use jewel cubes without issue?

wrote:

When you say pre-programmed, does that mean that running adapt iq on a ps28iii will basically correct it and I can use jewel cubes without issue?

Yes. From what tech support told me, that is the case. A default EQ is set in the Bose Subwoofer when you purchase it and by running AdaptIQ it will enter in a new one.

Since Jewel Cubs have a different sound signature to the Double Cube speakers, if you don't run AdaptIQ, it will not sound correct.

Two AdaptIQ headsets with different boxesTwo AdaptIQ headsets with different boxes

If you don't have AdaptIQ, there are two versions Bose has made over the years:

1. RCA (Red & White) plugs - typically made for systems designed before 2011 
    (aka AV28, AV18, AV38, AV48, MC1, AV20, AV35 receivers; and more).
    1. AV20 & AV35 receivers were designed in 2010 but sold until 2016.
  2. 3.5mm headphone jack - typically made for systems designed after 2011 
    (aka Model 414642 & 420128 receivers, Cinemate 1SRSoundTouch 300, SoundBar 500/700, and more).

This is the best I could figure out:

Default Speaker EQ (for Bose LSPS & LSPS III subwoofer)
Single CubePS18 / PS18II / PS18III
Double CubePS28 / PS28II / PS28III / PS38 / PS38III
Jewel CubeLSPS / PS35III / PS48 / PS48III

I have not found a PS35II while searching eBay listings or googling it. So I think that the LSPS was used for both the Lifestyle 35 & the Lifestyle 35 II.

I hope that this helps answer your question 🙂