Best / cheapest way of expanding LS38 to other rooms with cube speakers

Before creating a new topic, please search the Community to avoid creating duplicate threads. If you are posting about a problem, the more of the below details you can include (if applicable) the easier it will be for others to try and help. Go to https://bose.life/2K1GbJl for a helpful post on how to find relevant information, including your firmware and app version information!

Bose product name

Bose Lifestyle 38 with LSPS III subwoofer

Country

UK

Firmware Version

App Version

n/a

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)
n/a

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

n/a

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

n/a

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

n/a

Any troubleshooting steps you took

n/a

Hi all - I absolutely love my LS38 and was wondering what the best way would be to extend from the living room it to other rooms in the house (kitchen, dining room etc). I know there are wireless transmitter / receiver and old 'RoomMate' solutions but those look clunky and expensive. There also seems to be an abundance of cube speakers available off eBay so wondering if I could install say 4 of these in a couple rooms and then connect back to the console (ideally without having to run a cable all the way back!). 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

T

wrote:

Bose product name Bose Lifestyle 38 with LSPS III subwoofer

Country UK

Firmware Version 02.02.00

Hi all - I absolutely love my LS38 and was wondering what the best way would be to extend from the living room it to other rooms in the house (kitchen, dining room etc). (..) There also seems to be an abundance of cube speakers available off eBay 

You would need to use Boselinked amplifiers (either the SA-2 or the SA-3) to power something like the Acoustimass 5. As you noted, older Boselinked devices are only found in places like eBay today. Just know that you will also need to purchase 4 PMC II remotes, one for each room as well.

wrote:

I know there are wireless transmitter / receiver and old 'RoomMate' solutions but those look clunky and expensive. (..)  so wondering if I could install say 4 of these in a couple rooms and then connect back to the console (ideally without having to run a cable all the way back!). 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

T

If you're staying with your Boselinked receiver and want sound from it without wires, I am sorry to tell you that a wireless Boselinked transmitter/receiver would be needed. Though there are solutions for the SA-3 to be used independently that might be helpful.

If you want wireless (aka wifi). Since your subwoofer is compatible, so you could always purchase the upgraded AV35 Soundtouch receiver. Not only is it a good receiver, but SoundTouch (which is now discontinued) would be a far better wireless setup than Wireless Boselink.

I hope that this helps answer your question. Let us know what you end up doing 🙂

Remember, all Bose cubes, single or double, need to be connected to a Bose Acoustimass module for the lower frequencies.  You cannot use Bose cubes without the Acoustimass module.  I would check eBay for a couple Bose Acoustimass 5 systems and the wireless linking devices to go with each.

At this point spending any money on your old system would be tricky. Finding the old connecting hardware and speakers a challenge and you would still have an old system.

I suggest you save your money, then sell the old gear and start fresh. The Bose Smart Home line is modern and will do the job quite nicely. Bose Music App and Airplay are great multiroom standards and work very well. A smart sound bar at the centre of your system with the Home 300 speakers around the house and even a Bose Portable speaker would be a great option for outside.