Best Tonematch setting for Fender Acoustasonic Telecaster?

I am now the proud owner of a Fender Acoustasonic Telecaster.  It's an incredible instrument.  But it has me a bit bewildered on the best setting under Tonematch for the instrument.

I am routing the signal through an Cerberus integrated effects pedal which includes a "cab" emulator that I can toggle on and off.

Any ideas?  Suggestions?

I think too many people are hung up on presets and eq’s and not appreciating the actual sound of the instrument. Where needed, a little bass, a little treble. Salt and pepper baby. 

I tend to agree with John. When you have an instrument that can sound like an acoustic or an electric (dependent on pickup and control settings) , no individual preset will be perfect for both. I have used instruments with acoustic and electric pickups (including Variax) and, in my opinion, it is best to use an FX box and determine your presets on that and have the Tonematch set neutrally. I currently use a variety of instruments with a plug-in radio bug that can move from one to another. I then pick a suitable preset on my TC Helicon voicelive play GTX which feeds into the T1.

It sounds complicated but it isn't really. Trial and error and, occasionally, compromise are what is required. Use your own ears as you will not otherwise be satisfied

Andy

So what is the best "neutral" setting for tonematch?

Hi StJoeMike,

Welcome to the Bose Portable PA Community. 

StJoeMike posted:

So what is the best "neutral" setting for tonematch?

If you are relying on an external unit like the Cerberus Integrated Effects & Controller for effects and EQ then

Use either one of these ToneMatch Presets.

These are both basically flat for EQ with the zEQ  centers for Low Mid High at good frequencies for guitar.

Fine tune zEQ  if you want or set everything to Bypass.

Since you are using the Cerberus Integrated Effects & Controller for effects, go through each of the ToneMatch Effects and set them to Bypass.

Does that help?
ST

Surely the best one is the one you choose after plugging in your own instrument and trying the various options?

Great to see the pictures showing what you can turn on and off but the only true "best" for you will be derived from playing your instrument while flexing the options.

Hi Scubabadger,

ScubaBadger posted:

Surely the best one is the one you choose after plugging in your own instrument and trying the various options?

Agreed.

Great to see the pictures showing what you can turn on and off but the only true "best" for you will be derived from playing your instrument while flexing the options.

My post above was for StJoeMike who is relying on the Cerberus Integrated Effects & Controller for effects and EQ and looking for a neutral starting point for the ToneMatch mixer.

ST

I too am a new owner of the Fender Acoustisonic Telecaster....and as much as I don't like how it looks really, I love what this guitar does, is, and how it responds.  It really is that amazing and I'm pretty hard to impress to that degree just right out of the box.   That said, I tried it first sight unseen using the same Taylor T5 preset that I use with my actual Taylor T5 through my T1 Tonematch Engine.   Amazingly it gave me a very nice sound without tweaking much of anything.  As ST suggested, fine tuning the ZEq really filled out and rounded out the tone for all the acoustic settings.  

Presets or Custom Created Presets for it are more necessary with this guitar than with most others.  What is normally the tone knob on a Telecaster is now a Mod Knob on the Acoustisonic.  So you don't have hand tuned instant tone control that you do with almost all electric or hybrid models.   I love all the acoustic settings on the Acoustisonic and sort of kind of like the electric position.  It's good, but a lot brighter than I want the smooth electric warmth I know I can get somehow.   My Taylor T5 is just the opposite.  Love the electric tones, and sort of kind of like the acoustic setting when run through my Baggs DI into the T1.    I'm looking for what should be a simple solution to get a warmer tone from the electric pickup on the acoustisonic, and any suggestions are sure welcome.  Possibly just a simple EQ pedal would do it.  But I'm game to try anything really.  

BUT, it's an amazing guitar and now (to answer the original preset question) I'm finding the Taylor T5 preset is working well with my Acoustisonic......I just still haven't had the chance to put the final tweakings on it all.      Tom

I also recently purchased an Acoustasonic Tele, have a T5 and Bose T1. The Tele traditionally is a "twangy" guitar and the Acoustasonic Tele has modeling to emulate the Tele sound on the electric settings. It'll be difficult to find smooth round tones on the electric side of this instrument. One thing that may tame it a bit across all of the settings is the Boss AD2 Acoustic Preamp. I have this on my pedal board and tried it with the notch off and acoustic resonance at about 11 oclock. I'm digging how it smooths things out. Regarding T1 settings, I've been experimenting and seem to always default back to the suggested setting above (flat). 

Unrelated note regarding the guitar: even before you get the blinking red low battery indicator I've noticed two things when the battery is getting low: 1) you lose volume on the high E string, and 2) setting 1B (the raunchy electric setting) gets weird. Hard to explain, it's like some strange effect pedal. I assume that particular setting requires the most juice.

-Cheers....Tom