Boom mic problems

So I just purchased my QC35 II Gaming headset on 12/11/20. I use it for gaming primarily. I’m currently using it on my scuf impact and it works great! Only issue I’m having is that when I mute the boom mic it still picks up audio. I’ve tested it out on my ps4 in the adjust microphone level to be able to hear myself and when I unmute it I hear myself clearly, but when I mute it it will pick up on my breathing as well as some other background noise. I noticed as well when I have it muted my name will pop up in games as I am speaking when I’m clearly not. 

Hey there , 

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome! 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with the boom mic on the gaming headset and will do all I can to help you in any way that I can. 

Have you been able to confirm in-game if your microphone is muted? Such us from the someone you are gaming with? Based on what you are saying, you have tested in menus (which is great) but I have seen similar things happen where the audio is picked up by the microphone and then not broadcast. 

I hope this makes sense. I look forward to hearing from you! 

I am having the exact same issue. This started just today as before today I was able to mute my boom mike whole in game. Today, when I use the boom mike mute switch, I noticed my own voice was muted but I was still being heard in game on my PC. I have installed all the updates via the Bose Connect app. It is weird that my own voice will mute but I am still heard in game while the mute switch is on mute. My question is how would a headset update affect a switch in the boom mike cable as I don’t think it would. And why if my mute was working the other day and it isn’t working properly now. This is now an obvious issue when two of us on the same day have noticed the same issue with the exact same problem. 

Please see my reply to the boom mike mute issue as I am having the same exact problem. I am wondering if an update may have opened the headset mike allowing the speaker to be heard in game despite using the boom mike and having the boom mike mute switch in mute position. This would be the only possible explanation as the mute switch does mute my own voice from the boom mike through the volume controller to my headset but my voice is still heard in game by other players. This began after I had installed the latest update but I really just noticed it today in game when others were telling me they could still hear me speaking in game when I had my boom mike mute switch in mute position. 

Hi ocenprise.

If you have the boom mic attached, the microphone in the headset itself will not be providing audio to your game as it is disabled when the boom mic is attached. The headphones can't pass audio from the in-built mic through an audio cable, so the only way for microphone audio to be passed via a cable is from the boom mic.

As you mentioned you are using the headset with a PC, are you using the PC desktop controller, or plugging the headset into the PC directly?

When muting the mic on the gaming headset, you need to slide the in-line controller down. When you are doing this, is the control on the inline controller sliding all the way down, or does it seem to be moving only part way down?

I can see this is going to be ridiculous because you seem to be assuming the embedded software of the headset does disconnect the headset microphone when the boom mike is inserted. I am suggesting that it is not doing exactly that. I know how to use the simple plastic switch on the boom mike cable and the mute was working initially but now the only thing it mutes as I have already stated is my own voice in the headset. It does not appear to mute my voice in the game at the same time. Only explanation is that the headset microphone is actually still on. If you want to persist in assuming I’m wrong then Bose is not doing it’s job listening to its customers. I am an electronic engineer who has worked at NASA as a communications systems engineer so I have considerable incite to these kind of issues. BTW, I have and am using the headset exactly as prescribed by the user guide which means I am using it with the volume controller which is plugged into the PC via USB. I stated that in my previous posts as well. I wish if you desire to help your customers you would actually learn to read what they are writing to you and stop assuming WE DON’T KNOW WHAT WE ARE SAYING. I paid a considerable sum for my headset and with Bose’s reputation I expect much better in customer service and concern. 

Thanks for updating us on this ocenprise. 

I would recommend that we go ahead and explore service options for your headset, as it doesn't seem to be performing as it should. To do this click this link, then kindly scroll and select your region, once this is done please scroll to Contact Us. The team will be on hand and ready to help.

Sorry that we couldn't resolve this via the Community. 

Sorry this took too long to reply, but I have tested it both in party and in game chat. My friend couldn’t hear my voice when I had it muted but was able to hear my breathing when it was muted. He also said that there was a slight static sound he could hear in the background when I would have it un-muted. I’ve also come upon another issue where my mic will just stop working in total. I’ll be speaking and then all of the sudden it would cut off. I would have to unplug then re-plug my headset in multiple times before they could hear me again. My software is up to date on the app. I’m honestly kind of disappointed to be honest. The sound quality is good, but the boom mic needs some work. I also don’t enjoy the fact that I have to adjust audio within my system to be able to raise and lower the volume. The noise canceling feature is by far my favorite part about it. But would love to see a bass adjustment as well. Maybe even the ability to adjust volume with the headphones when gaming. As I bought them solely for gaming, not lifestyle use.