Bose 700 Soundbar with HDMI audio extractor

Bose product name

Bose 700 Soundbar.

My TV has an HDMI input, but does not have an ARC or audio output.  I have HDMI audio extractor that has an regular HDMI pass through adn an HDMI Port marked AUDIO ONLY.  Can that HDMI  AUDIO only connection work with the HDMI Port on the 700 Soundbar?  It is technically not ARC.  I just wondered if that should work or not.

wrote:

Bose product name

Bose 700 Soundbar.

My TV has an HDMI input, but does not have an ARC or audio output.  I have HDMI audio extractor that has an regular HDMI pass through adn an HDMI Port marked AUDIO ONLY.  Can that HDMI  AUDIO only connection work with the HDMI Port on the 700 Soundbar?  It is technically not ARC.  I just wondered if that should work or not.

No, that will not work. I made a guide to help people get the most out of their SoundBar 700. Your TV should have some type of audio out as I believe that is standard from all TV's built since the 90's. What is your TV's make & model?

Even if your TV does not have any audio outs, you can still use it if you go for Option 2 or 3 in the guide I provided.

I hope that this helps answer your question. Let us know what you end up doing 🙂

Great. Thanks so much for your response.  I appreciated it.  Your guide will be helpfully going forward as I change out TVs etc.  I have a 4 port HDMI switch with an Optical out that does the job.  I was just trying to connect via the ARC HDMI port on the Bose system so that my Nintendo switch can use surround sound because it is limited to PCM 5.1 and you have to be HDMI to do it.  It works for everything else so I am good for now. 

wrote:

Great. Thanks so much for your response.  I appreciated it.  Your guide will be helpfully going forward as I change out TVs etc.  I have a 4 port HDMI switch with an Optical out that does the job.  I was just trying to connect via the ARC HDMI port on the Bose system so that my Nintendo switch can use surround sound because it is limited to PCM 5.1 and you have to be HDMI to do it.  It works for everything else so I am good for now. 

Well, it has to be an eARC connection not even an ARC connection to get LPCM 5.1 via the 700. Check out the audio format support image about that and Options 1a and 3 on how to make it work.