Bose 700 soundbar

Hi. I'm Having Sony TV 65 X950H model, Having Bose 700 soundbar Bose 700 subwoofer.

While trying to contact using HDMI i'm getting bad quality sound. However, i tried all TV options ( Degitl Audio, PCM ,...'Etc) 

And when i contacted the TV with soundbar using Bluetooth it gives me better sound. 

Please advice what could be wrong?

wrote:

Hi. I'm Having Sony TV 65 X950H model, Having Bose 700 soundbar Bose 700 subwoofer.

While trying to contact using HDMI i'm getting bad quality sound. However, i tried all TV options ( Degitl Audio, PCM ,...'Etc) 

And when i contacted the TV with soundbar using Bluetooth it gives me better sound. 

Please advice what could be wrong?

Do you have the same problems using optical? I go over what audio formats are supported by the SoundBar 700 depending on if your TV uses ARC/Optical or eARC. You mention you tried different audio settings but maybe this will help you know what the SoundBar 700 supports depending on the connection.

Let us know what happens 🙂

When using optical cable the TV remote is not controlling the soundbar volume.

Both TV and soundbar is supported eARC.

Mostly it is related to programming but i'm not good on that

wrote:

When using optical cable the TV remote is not controlling the soundbar volume.

That is correct, once you've set it up in the app you would use your SoundBar 700's remote to control your TV instead.

wrote:

Both TV and soundbar is supported eARC.

Are you sure it is eARC with HDMI 2.1 and not ARC? eARC is a new standard that TV's are slowly adopting.

wrote:

Mostly it is related to programming but i'm not good on that

Programming in what sense?

I mean might be choosing between PCM or comprised audio, between normal and digital. Between pass through or off. 

I tried using optical audio and still the same result in addition TV remote is increasing TV volume not soundbar when using optical.

wrote:

I mean might be choosing between PCM or comprised audio, between normal and digital. Between pass through or off. 

The instructions I have in the guide show you what audio format the SoundBar supports depending on your audio connection and if your TV supports ARC, Optical, or eARC. If you are using ARC/Optical use bitstream, if eARC use LPCM. If you are unsure what to use, you might want to call up your TV manufacture to find out the proper settings, but 

wrote:

I tried using optical audio and still the same result in addition TV remote is increasing TV volume not soundbar when using optical.

That is correct Optical does not send control signals called CEC to the soundBar, only HDMI cables can do that. You would need to set up the Bose remote to control everything.

Hello everyone

I own the Bose smart soundbar 300 with the bass module 500 and the virtually invisible 300 rear speakers. Sound wise and bass response i am satisfied with the set up as a whole.

The soundbar though never worked through its HDMI Arc connection (no sound from the soundbar) only the optical works. Tv model LG 55UK6100. All the proper adjustments have been made and it perfectly worked with a friend’s Samsung  (model code QE55Q60TAUXXH).

So i am considering the prospect of replacement with the 700.

My question is if the 700 and the rest of the set-up (module 500 and virtually invisible 300 speakers) will make a good matching compatibility and performance wise.

Regards 

Nikos