Bose 900 soundbar leak

Screenshot_20210805-211935.png

Bose 900 most awaited

Hello Prashu3355, 

Thank you for reaching back out to the Community again today! 

We’re glad you’re excited about Bose possibly launching a new Soundbar. We have no information to share at this time, however, you can sign up to receive email updates for our products at Bose.com.

We hope that you have a great weekend. 

Where did you get the information from? 

If it is true then from the picture it looks like the Soundbar 900 has upfiring speakers. One on the top left side and one on the top right side. So seems Bose is going to support Dolby Atmos with the Soundbar 900 🙂

When you open the bose music app and manually search for new devices it is displayed there.

Ah yes I see, also the new QC45 headphones are displayed.

if the new Soundbar 900 has upfiring speakers and supports Dolby Atmos, then I am going to sell my Soundbar 700 and buy the new Soundbar 900 🙂

Curious also about the reviews of the Soundbar 900 when it is officially released. 

Yes even I am waiting for atmos support 🙂 in image it has top firing speaker vents

This sometimes happens when they are testing software updates or testing software on new products.

However, from what I can see nothing has been officially announced, and until it is there will be no further information other than the picture (which has probably already dissappeared 🙂 )

Thanks for your reply. 

As far as my first question,  I have my WiFi split into 2 frequencies, 2.4gh, and 5ghz. Is it possible to add both so the soundbar can change to 2.4ghz if 5ghz goes down? 

Thanks 

The Lifestyle 650 and first Soundbar 300 were announced in September 2016.
The Soundbar 500 and 700 were announced late September 2018.

If Bose follows these release schedules I think the Soundbar 900 will be officially announced around September/October this year. 

Looks like there is some sort of pre-announcement. There is also a Bass Module 900 and Surround speakers 900 coming. Furthermore there is also a new smaller remote.

See below German website.

https://stadt-bremerhaven.de/bose-smart-soundbar-900-steht-in-den-startloechern/

And below tweet. 

https://twitter.com/_snoopytech_/status/1427343595393232902?s=20

wrote:

Thanks for your reply. 

As far as my first question,  I have my WiFi split into 2 frequencies, 2.4gh, and 5ghz. Is it possible to add both so the soundbar can change to 2.4ghz if 5ghz goes down? 

Thanks 

Put your router in dual band mode. Let your gear sort out the rest. The future is AI.

That would be the Soundtouch 300.

It's now official:

Bose.com | Smart Soundbar 900

Engadget | Bose's high-end Smart Soundbar 900 includes Dolby Atmos support

Why is there no DTS Support anymore? Also no Chromecast. Why?

Sony's HT-A7000 offers all of this LDAC and even 360 reality audio.

Sorry Bose but the 900 is not fully equipped.

Do you have at least added YouTube music as a service after years of begging you?

wrote:

Why is there no DTS Support anymore?

Yeah, I noticed that as well. Yet as Bose has never worked with DTS-HD Master Audio it isn't that big of a deal as long as it still supports LPCM. Since Bose has never advertised LPCM support I can only assume that it is still there.

If so then DTS doesn't matter as LPCM will allow it to support all DTS formats; possibly even DTS:X, though I am unsure about that at the moment (I need to find out if LPCM will still pass through 3D spatial audio information for Atmos & DTS:X).

If you don't understand LPCM I made a guide about how to get the best sound quality from the SoundBar 500/700.

wrote:

Also no Chromecast. Why?(..)

Do you have at least added YouTube music as a service after years of begging you?

Bose has never supported either. I don't know why as I think it should, maybe in the future, if ever.

wrote:

Sony's HT-A7000 offers all of this LDAC

Until Apple supports that I doubt Bose will. For some reason, Bose has focused its Bluetooth formats on the minimum sound quality for apple iPhones/iPads.

wrote:

and even 360 reality audio.

Almost nobody supports 360 Audio but Sony so it shouldn't be a surprise that Bose doesn't offer it. 

wrote:

Sorry Bose but the 900 is not fully equipped.

If it doesn't offer what you want then don't get it 🤷‍♂️

Though I am curious how good it'll sound and if it will hold up to its claim that it: produces a layer of realism no other speaker can duplicate” thanks to the company’s proprietary “PhaseGuide” technology that enhances positional audio. “When there’s no Dolby Atmos content, the horizontal spatial effects are just as effective, and Bose TrueSpace technology takes over for the vertical experience, remixing signals to add ‘height’ without adding a ceiling speaker,

wrote:
Thanks for sharing, I am very impressed with your post.

Whose post are you referring to?