Bose 900 Soundbar

I currently have the 700 Soundbar and have only had it since May so when they announced the 900 I was a little bummed out. However, I am still looking to upgrade if it is a worthwhile upgrade and by that I mean the drivers are different. Does anyone have any information on the Bose 900 Soundbar drivers? and if they are the same, just with the additional up-firing speakers or different drivers?

If they are the same, then I might hold up upgrading for a year or 2. 

TIA

Your Bose 700 Soundbar is still what you purchased in May.  The Bose 900 did not change that.  I don't know the answer to your question, but I would not upgrade unless I wanted the Dolby Atmos feature.  I would upgrade from my Bose Soundtouch 300, but I think my 20 foot ceiling is too high to benefit from the upfiring speakers.

The Bose SoundBar 900 looks like a fine piece of kit and a natural upgrade to the Bose SoundBar line. Bose generally doesn’t reveal too many specifics about their products. I would say, judging by the speaker images, Bose simply added up firing drivers and turned on e-arc HDMI support. I am sure they did some more wizardry at the decoding level but at the end of the day the 900 looks like a capable multichannel speaker bar offering more elevated sound than it predecessor.

Have a look at the string about SoundBar formats. That might help you decide if the 900 upgrade is enough to warrant a purchase so close after your last 700 purchase.

One final comment: If I was to buy the 900, I would probably go it sans rear speakers but definitely get the 700 sub. That one is a beast and sounds great! I find the Bose high end soundbars work very well and I prefer the reflected virtual sound more than the discrete sound of rear speakers. There is less gear and the reflected sound is more spatial and subtle. Just sayin!