Bose AV18 Connection To Samsung TV

Good Morning 

I have a Bose AV18 plus a Samsung UE65NU7020 Tv. I am trying to access the on screen Bose Setup Menu however I cannot get it to show up on my Samsung TV.

The TV only has 2 HDMI sockets, I purchased a cable to plug 1 end into the HDMI and the other into the Composite on the Bose hoping I would be able to get the menu up onscreen however this hasn’t worked.

any Help very much appreciated, Thank You 

Craig 

wrote:

Good Morning 

I have a Bose AV18 plus a Samsung UE65NU7020 Tv. I am trying to access the on screen Bose Setup Menu however I cannot get it to show up on my Samsung TV.

The TV only has 2 HDMI sockets, I purchased a cable to plug 1 end into the HDMI and the other into the Composite on the Bose hoping I would be able to get the menu up onscreen however this hasn’t worked.

any Help very much appreciated, Thank You 

Craig 

There is a chance that your AV18 is stuck in the wrong video mode. There is a hidden menu that should be able to help that I discuss in this post.

Hope that this answer helps solve your question 🙂

Thank You 

unfortunately didn’t work 

wrote:

Thank You 

unfortunately didn’t work 

According to the hidden menu, what video mode are you in? Can you share a link to the Composite to HDMI converter you are using? 

1. PAL COMPOSITE S
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B074P4Z512/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_imm_t1_EgAQFbDN4TZCY?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I do not have one of the basic devices I list below, so I cannot speak to their quality.  Just make sure that you convert both the audio & video together as cheaper converters typically have a noticeable delay, but this should not noticeable if both are converted together (unless you are RetroGaming).

I do know that the high-end RetroTINK devices I list are good solutions for their video quality and do not add any delay 🙂 But everything linked below should work:

wrote:

wrote:
  1. PAL COMPOSITE S
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B074P4Z512/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_imm_t1_EgAQFbDN4TZCY?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Ok, that cable will not work for what you are looking to do.

HDMI needs to receive a digital signal and at a minimum 480p/576p, the cable you are using is a simple cable and not a converter. You need something that can take an analog 480i/576i composite signal and convert it to digital 480p or greater. 

The product description even warns you that this will not work for what you are trying to do:

About this item
  • Note: this cable is not compatible with PC / laptop / PS4 / XBOX / DVD; before purchasing, please make sure both devices have signal coding and decoding function; for more details, please refer to the user manual of your device .
  • HDMI is digital signal and RCA is analog signal, and the cable does not convert the signal. The devices themselves are the ones that need to convert the signal. If the devices do not support coding and decoding then buy an adapter separately .
  • This is a HDMI to RCA one-way transmission cable, RCA to HDMI cannot be used, which means the display device (TV or monitor) is the RCA end .
  • Ideal cable for high-definition DVD players, HDTV receivers, TV sets, projectors, A/V receivers, and other HDMI-equipped devices .
  • This cable functions as a signal transmitter, but NOT a signal converter

71lS-8M21qL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

NOTE:
1:Before purchasing, please make sure both HDMI and RCA devices have signal coding and decoding function; for more details, please refer to the user manual of your device.

HDMI to RCA cable is designed to connect and transfer (NOT CONVERT) signals from HDMI port to RCA port. This cable functions as a signal transmitter, but NOT a signal converter. As HDMI carries digital signals while RCA carries analog signals. In order for these two formats of signal to communicate with each other, both input and output devices needs to support the signal conversion function (code and decode), please kindly check with your user manual. If both input / output devices do not support signal conversion, a signal conversion box is required (sold separately).

I do hope this answer solves your issue and please let us know what you end up doing and what version you purchase 😀

Thank you for your help, I bought the converter with the S-Video also. Plugged in and now all working 

Thanks again 

wrote:

Thank you for your help, I bought the converter with the S-Video also. Plugged in and now all working 

Thanks again 

Yay!!! Glad it all works now 😀 Out of curiosity, are you going to use any of the setups mentioned here?

Before you go, please mark the answer that solved your problem as the solution so that it can help others in the future. 

It’s going to be used for the TV sound only which will now be via the optical. 

wrote:

It’s going to be used for the TV sound only which will now be via the optical. 

Sounds like a brilliant way to enjoy your AV18.

I would also check out the upgrade option. Depending on what you have, you might be able to upgrade the receiver to an AV35 or even upgrade your entire system if a local Bose dealer offers it 🙂