Bose BTU updater not working on MacBook Air with MacOS 11 Big Sur

Hello,

I have recently updated my MacBook Air 2019 to macOS Big Sur 11.0.1, and now I can no longer use the Bose BTU updater to update my portable bluetooth speakers and headphones. I go on a web browser to btu.bose.com, download the Bose Updater application, open it, and go back to the web browser. After that, the web page changes like it's supposed to and prompts me to connect my product to the computer using the usb cable provided. When I connect my product using the usb cable provided, whether it would be my sound link micro speaker or my Quietcomfort 35 ii headset, the web page does not change after I connect my product. I have had this same issue with multiple web browsers. Before I upgraded my MacBook from macOS Catalina to macOS Big Sur, the Bose Updater worked just fine. Are there any ideas as to why it may not work with the new operating system? Thank you,

Yours Truly,

Kevin Eckler

Hi Kevin,

I have completely same issue on my MacBook Pro 2017 and macOS Big Sur 11.0.1.

I have SoundLink mini II and QC35ii.  I want to get a solution for this.

Regards,

T.F_guppy

Dear Bose Customer Support,

I have got following error message on macOS safari after " Bose Updater is ready." page.

Then try again, but it still remains same message.

スクリーンショット 2020-11-29 8.05.30.png

Thanks,

T.F_guppy 

Hi T.F_guppy. 

Thanks for joining the discussion!

I recommend trying another USB cable or port on the Mac. 

Can you please also confirm the product(s) were purchased from a legitimate seller? 

Thanks. 

Hi Jeff_G,

Thank you very much for your followup.

I have tried 3 different cable and use another USB port, but unfortunately I still have same issue.

There is no response or I have got "try again" message.

>>Can you please also confirm the product(s) were purchased from a legitimate seller? 

Off course!  I have purchased my SoundLink at Yokohama Japan and QC35ii from Amazon Japan.

Regards,

T.F_guppy 

Hi Jeff_G,

Bose Update on MS Edge Windows10 on Mac VirtualBox works fine.

SoundLink and QC35II has been identified correctly.

This would be a workaround for me, but...

スクリーンショット 2020-12-02 23.09.24.png

スクリーンショット 2020-12-02 23.13.28.png

Regards,

T.F_guppy

Thanks for that update T.F_guppy! It's interesting that the updater does work when used from Edge on your Windows10 on Mac VirtualBox. Both of the firmware versions shown for your devices are the latest versions, so you don't need to update them currently.

To try and get the updater to recognize your devices on the Mac, there will be a downloaded version of the installer on your computer. If you uninstall/delete the updater from your computer, then redownload the updater from the btu.bose.com website you can try running the updater with your products again.

Let me know how this goes!

Dear Keith_L,

Thank you very much for your comments,

I have downloaded the latest version of Bose Updater from btu.bose.com, it is "BoseUpdater_7.0.13.4860.dmg".

I have removed the current one, and reinstalled "7.0.13.4860", but unfortunately the situation is the same.  I have no response and message from Bose Updater.

Do you have any other suggestion?

Regards,

T.F_guppy.

Same issue on mac OS big sur 11.0.1 on a macbook pro. Uninstalled and reinstalled the latest version of Bose Updater, used different USB cables (including the original one that came with my QC35ii), used different browsers etc. It just won't connect.

Same Problem here. Downloaded the last version of Bose Update, but the update process get stuck ath the btu.bose.com page saying: "

Bose Updater is ready. 

Connect your product to your computer using the USB cable provided. For Solo and Lifestyle products, connect a USB drive to your computer. Once connected, this web page will change."

I've a MacBook Pro with Big Sur 11.0.1

Bose Support could you please help? Thanks

Hello all, 

We have received word from the team that this has now been resolved. 

Please install the latest version of the Bluetooth updater by visiting this link.

Thanks!