Bose companion 2 series iii driver issue

I just recently moved and had not had my speakers plugged in to my computer for a few months. Last time I had issues I had to dig through a number of forums to find an issue with the drivers for these speakers and updating them helped. I did some playing around in my settings yesterday and got the speakers to play but upon turning them on today they would not work. Does anyone know of how to get the drivers updated in a way that I can keep the speakers on and avoid having to update them constantly in order to use the speakers?

Hey rexrobbins,

Welcome to the Bose Community - I hope your Companion 2 speakers have served you well!

In regard to your issue, be sure to check your computer audio drivers are all up-to-date, to ensure full compatibility. You can usually find updates by navigating through the drivers in the control panel or searching the Windows support sites online. For the speakers, there isn't a driver update available, as these are ready to plug and play. 

Have you had the chance to test any other headphones/speakers with your computer to see the behavior in comparison?

I have them updated but I remember seeing that they had an issue with a windows update and using older drivers could fix the problem. I have them up to date now and they are not working at all, no headset or anything and its odd because they worked the day before