Bose Companion 20 - burned DC Power point

Today (04/28/21) I was working on my computer (iMac 2020) that is connected to a 

Bose Companion 20 Multimedia Speaker System and I start get a smell of a burned plastic around me. I tried to turn on the speaker system and wasn't on. I checked the power cord of the speaker and I found that part of the plug was already melting on the back of the speaker.

I bought this speakers at a authorized dealer in NY and I'm so satisfied with Bose products, but I find so disappointing that a product that cost you $250 can do this. 

I think Bose needs to take care of this issue before a big accident happen to anyone who have this set of speakers.

Updated:

I unplug the speakers because the smell was really bad. Here is a photo of how the power cord is looking on the other end.

Hey gbernal73,

Thank you for taking the time to bring this to our attention on the Bose Community forums. I'd be happy to advise you with the next appropriate steps.

As what you're describing could be flagging a health and safety issue, I'd recommend that you do not attempt to plug the system into power anymore and keep it disconnected. The next steps would be to find your system serial number and reach out to local support to have this raised to the appropriate team.

The support team will be able to walk you through the process and what is required from you to have this issue resolved. Please reach out to the team as soon as possible, and let us know if you have any difficulties or queries regarding this.