Bose companion 5 no sound except aux

Hallo 

I have a bose companion 5 from maybe 8 years ago

I really liked them and after a long time I did not use them I tried to turn on the system but nothing worked..

I sent it to a lab and the fuse was burnt probably a short circuit in my house sometime..

I came home after fuse replacement the system turns on and the computer recognized it but no sound at all..

Just to mention through the headphone input there is sound and i can adjust the volume..

What you think guys? 

Someone know this problem?

From the distributor they told me that i should replace the main board and the control pod..(but the pod is working with headphones) and maybe it fix that.. 

Thanks

Nir

Hello Nir Konforty, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to our Community! I'm sorry to hear that you are having this odd experience with your Companion 5. 

Can you please let me know if you have tested the system with another computer at all? I'd also like to know if you have used any other speakers with this computer also? 

We have a great list of steps here that will get your system back performing as it should be. 

Please do update us on the result of these steps. 

Thank you for this fast response i appreciate it!

Actually i tried all these steps before i saw this page you give me..

Nothing is change 

Select audio device

Reset

Re-connect all cables..

I

It stay on the same situation that i can heard from headphones when its connected to the aux on the pod but when disconnect it there is no sound at all from the speakers and subwoofer..

It can be a problem from the pod only? 

Or from the main board as well? 

If i need some of these parts where can i buy it??

Thanks 

Nir

, I am so sorry you are having this issue. As you have tried all troubleshooting steps, the best option here would be to reach out to your local customer support center and explore the service options for your system again. You can do this by clicking this link here, selecting your region, scrolling to the bottom of the page, and selecting contact us.

Hi again 

Actually i buy this speakers in usa,

And in this link you give me i dont find my country,

anyway i contact the local distributor and sent it to them for testing.. 

They told me that i needed to replace the pod and the main board too..

The problem is that i really dont know what is really necessary to fix this and this repair costs is almost the same like new speakers..

My question is what is the price of these parts in USA and if i can buy them for self repair...??

(i can order it to address in USA even if you dont have a shipping to my country)

Thank you very much 😊

Nir

Hello Nir konforty, 

Thanks for posting and reaching back out to us! Can you please let us know the region that you are located in? 

We don't sell replacement parts as we don't offer the option for self-repair, therefore this isn't something you can order. 

Once you have provided us with the region you are located in, we will be able to provide you with the correct link to find the support team in your region. 

We look forward to your reply. 

Hi

Im from israel..

I know who is give the support for your products but like i said they want more then 400usd for this repair.. 

And the new version of this speakers cost almost the same here..

Tell me what you suggest me to do..

Thanks

Nir

Thanks for updating us on this Nir Konforty. 

To ensure that you are contacting the right team, contact information can be found here for Bose Israel. This may also come in useful for other users in the Community. 

I'd recommend contacting the team again via the link above to explore service options for the product. We can't provide any insight on these service options as they are different for each region.