Bose Discovery Tool v1.2

The Bose Discovery Tool is used to scan the network and identify Bose Commercial Sound Processors (CSP-428, CSP-1248) and digital zone controllers (CC-1D, CC-2D, CC-3D).  The tool allows the user to launch the default web browser to connect to the web-based CSP Configuration Utility and also provides the mechanism for updating the digital zone controller firmware and changing their network settings.

This release of Bose Discovery Tool software adds support for a new feature:

• Recovery mode for the digital zone controllers

The attached Support Bulletin describes how to perform the recovery from the fail-safe mode of the CC-xD.

Hi All.

I have a pair of CC64 which i believe have been accidentally set to unknown IP addresses and subnets.  I cannot see them on any known AV or DANTE VLANs we are using.

As such, I cannot set a laptop NIC to be on same subnet, as it is unknown, so cannot use this tool.

Is there:
1.  A way to factory reset a CC64 and CC2D to default?

2. A way to program my laptop NIC and scan anything (i.e. the CC4) attached to discover it's IP?

Thanks,

Boma

Hello Boma23,

You can find the network settings of the CC-64 by pressing bank 1 and bank 4 simultaneously.

To reset the network settings of the CC-64 press and hold bank 1 and back 3.
By pressing Control knob 1 you reset the network settings to default.

Mear1628_0-1634982053262.png

For the CC-xD you might can read this document:

BR
Arno

Thank you!

With the above I recovered 1st CC64 after resetting to default 192.168.0.1/24 adress, although still was not able to use discovery tool (didn't find anything), but did manage to use CS to program / update with the correct IP address, and first CC64 is now back on network but not showing controls / picking up from ESP.

Second CC64 allows me to see the IP address, but not reset it. I have managed to reprogram to the correct IP with CS (as could put laptop onto same subnet), but it since has stopped responding to pings, and the button press to network reset still does not work.

As it boots, it flashes a message:

"Test Test Application 2 ||Application starts!!||| DUPLO halted."

Then after this will only let me see IP, not reset.

Any further idea to factory reset?

System is otherwise working apart from these CC64s!