Bose F1 812 and T4S

Greetings. I have some technical questions. How well does Tonematch T4S pair with the F1 System?

The T4S has Eq presets. Will this interfere with the Eq presets that engage when you place the 812 in different baffle configurations?

Is it best to run the 812 in the straight configuration when engaging the T4S presets?

Does the T4S enhance the F1 System in any way?

Hello DJ8X,

The T4S will pair with the F1 system speakers, as well as any other quality mixer.

The ToneMatch presets are designed to shape the T4S' inputs, to match them best to specific mics and/or instruments connected to them.  This lets the user more quickly and easily find the optimal EQ settings for those devices.

The adjustable array feature in the F1's is meant to shape the sound to audience location, and the internal DSP's EQ settings automatically adjust to keep the output at a constant tonal balance regardless of configuration.

So, the F1 should sound the same to a listener in front, whether listening to the bottom of a "J" config, in the middle of a straight config, at the top of a "reverse J" setting, or any of the above in a "C" config.  This should be true regardless of mixer.  The T4S ToneMatch presets just let you get your sound dialed in quickly, regardless of speaker system.

Does that help?

thanks for the response and info. I was under the impression that the t4s had presets designed for DJs. High volume and low volume...or something like that. I did not know that they were just meant to cater to mics or instruments. 

Hello again DJ8X,

Yes, I missed that, you are absolutely correct -- the presets are not just for mics and instruments; there is a preset category called "DJ/Playback", with three possible choices:

• "Flat / zEQ Controls" (as it describes, it adds no EQ, you choose your own using zEQ controls.)
  • "Low Volume Music" (puts a slight boost in the low end to make it sound fuller, when you're playing softer music)
  • "High Volume Music" (slight boost in the low end and dip in the midrange so it doesn't sound so harsh when you really push the volume.)

The presets are just optimized, pre-selected starting-point EQ's for specific mics, instruments, or playback devices.  They're for your inputs to best match what you're feeding it, and will send that on to the F1's.

I don't know why I forgot to mention that category, I have one channel on my T8S set to "Low Volume Music" for break music! Duh!

Does that help?

"The adjustable array feature in the F1's is meant to shape the sound to audience location, and the internal DSP's EQ settings automatically adjust to keep the output at a constant tonal balance regardless of configuration"  

While i do recognize this is Bose selling point for the F1, i don't agree 100% with the premise. The majority of us F1 users are using baffle configurations to shape our sound...not direct it.  I have used the F1 on a raised stage in the J configuration and did not get that much coverage below me vs running straight. I still ended up running in C position because that makes the unit sound the best. 

wrote:

Greetings. I have some technical questions. How well does Tonematch T4S pair with the F1 System?

The T4S has Eq presets. Will this interfere with the Eq presets that engage when you place the 812 in different baffle configurations? TelltheBell

Is it best to run the 812 in the straight configuration when engaging the T4S presets?

Does the T4S enhance the F1 System in any way?

I was under the impression that the t4s had presets designed for DJs. High volume and low volume...or something like that.

Hello Jake7833,

DJ8X asked that exact same question in the third post in this thread.  I answered it in the fourth post.  Am I missing something?