Bose frames only working when its folded up

Like the title says, my frames do not turn on, light up or make any noise while they're open. But when I close the frames it turns on and plays fine, and if I open them whilst they're playing, it turns off again. It seems like it's an issue in the charging arm but just wanted to see if anyone had a similar issue or a fix for this

Hi Micky96, 

I am very sorry to hear that you are having this experience. 

I would suggest you reach out to your local product support team for further assistance with this. You can reach out to your local support team via clicking this link and selecting your region, this will redirect you to our website. Please scroll to the bottom of the website and there you will find a 'Contact Us' tab, this will provide you with all the relevant contact information for your country. 

The health of our customers, employees, suppliers and partners is a top priority for Bose. As we work through the impact of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) you may experience longer waiting times than expected. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Please check the Bose Support website, where you will find a number of options that may help address your need. Thank you.

I vave the same problemm. My bose frames worked very well for two months but suddenly 5 days ago the issue you relates appeared in my glasses. 

Yes i am facing the same issue? Why is this happening?

I used the frame for a month only and now this has happened?

I have owned and love my Bose Frames for about 10 months now. I used them several times a week when I go on walks. Suddenly, they stopped working altogether (or so I thought until I ran across this thread). After reading this, I tried turning mine frames on when folded and sure enough, they connected and started playing fine! If I unfold the left arm, it continues to play, but if I unfold the right (charging) arm, it shuts off.  Something is going on, what gives and what should we do about it?

I have same problem too. My frames working when its folded up. I suspect its happened after updated firmware 4.16.

So i didn't have anyone in my town capable or registered with Bose to repair my frames but i was able to get a replacement pair under warranty from where they were purchased. By the looks of it, the ribbon wire in the arm that powers the frames had loosened for some reason, and when the frames where closed the ribbon would touch whatever it needs to activate as it should, but would come apart when opened again. 

Thank you for advise,

I will try to get replacement from my store where I bought that 

I have the same problem, but it was a present and I don’t know where it was bought, in Spain the oficial  distributor doesn’t  have email services and no answer in the telephone.