Bose glasses not charging

Hello...

I’m from Brazil and visiting US in October/19, decided to buy a Bose Frames Alto. I pay U$200,00 it’s not cheap for that.

About a week ago, it doesn’t charge anymore...when connect the power cable in glasses the light blinks very, very, very quickly once and nothing more. Don’t charge, don’t turn on, it just stopped working and I don’t know why.

I tried all the tips for troubleshooting on Bose website, none of them work for my problem and I tried also to contact the local support (Latin America) by email but I didn’t get an answer.

I have been frustrated with these expensive glasses and unfortunately cause I’m from Brazil (Bose doesn’t have an official store or service) probably I don’t get answers too.

Hey Deniz,

I'm sorry to hear you're having some difficulties charging your Bose Frames. Would you be able to list all of the troubleshooting you've tried? If you haven't already, I'd recommend visiting the Bose BTU site HERE, to push the latest firmware to your product.

In regards to contacting Bose support, did you use the information listed HERE?

Thanks for your answer.
I've tried the things listed in this webpage:
"https://www.bose.com/en_us/support/articles/HC2487/productCodes/bose_frames_alto/article.html"

And, I tried the "btu.bose.com" too.
If you ask me, I sent an email for the latin america support but I live in Brazil, this probably will difficult the things.

And one more thing...my Bose frames alto still doesn't work with all those things that I've done.

Conseguiu resolver? Estou com o mesmo problema. Quase não o uso, ao usar hoje, não carrega, não funciona e a resposta padrão aqui é inócua. 

Não consegui resolver sozinho seguindo as medidas sugeridas pela bose (tanto do site como dos técnicos que entraram em contato comigo).

O que me sugeriram pra solucionar foi entrar em contato com o suporte da Bose da América Latina pelo e-mail (technical_support_latam@bose.com).

Depois de explicar por e-mail o problema, tive que mandar o óculos com a nota de compra para uma avaliação técnica e somente após o laudo efetuaram a troca. 
O processo todo levou quase 90 dias.

Espero ter ajudado.

Só mais uma informação…apesar da demora,

foram bem solícitos, ajudaram bastante.

Exactly the same problem as everyone has described, very dissapointed 

Obviously a technical design problem 

Hi Jaward12ca, 

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the community! 

Can you try plugging your frames into a computer to see if it recognizes the connection? If it does, go to btu.bose.com and update the firmware. 

Let me know how you get on! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support

followed the steps as you mentioned. updated the software. plugged it into my laptop an wall charger. White light not coming on at all, only flashes when plug into laptop and after that blinks off. Tried plugging in for 5-10 minutes, not taking up any charge. won't power on at all

I see, 

I'm sorry to hear this did not resolve your issue. 

I would suggest contacting your local technical support for assistance. You can find the details by clicking HERE, selecting your country of residence and scrolling down to 'Contact Us'.

I hope this helps. Have a great day!

Kindest,

Jessie O

I live in the US and was hopeful I could get these repaired.... Nope was just told over the phone after 12 months there is nothing they can do for me other than sell me another pair for $150!  Are you kidding me... I spend $200 on a pair of glasses that work just over 12 months, and stop charging and to thank me for my business you'll take another $150... what a joke.  I'm better off spending my money on Apple Air Pods and some Shady Rays instead of spending more money on Bose.  This was my first and last Bose product... very disappointing for a company I always assumed delivered a great product and customer service.

I have same problem. 
It's really disappointing as I LOVED bose frames. 
And since I'm traveling right now in UAE and Nigeria, I have no solution.

But don't get me wrong, I would keep loving this product unless I have to pay more $$$ to fix it. 

Today my Bose sunglasses started doing exactly the same:

1- no power on,

2- no connection with a PC,

3- and no recharges at all.

It just flashes very quickly the white led, but only responds once or another time, when "it wants".

Please, help me! Unfortunately, I don't live in USA ..

Marcelo Leigui

Hello everyone, 

That's a shame that you are experiencing issues charging your Frames, this is not what we want at all. I understand that you are not within the USA, you can still find support for this issue in countries other than the US and I recommend that you reach out to them if you are having issues. 

You just need to go to this page then select your country and go to contact us at the bottom of the page if it is not already directed there. 

I hope this is helpful and that these issues are resolved for you.

Kindest regards,

Zoe C 

I spent US$300 to be happy for less than 5 months.

It is really a shame.

It is a waste of time for me to go in the suggested webpage.

There is no suppport in Brazil at all.

Hello leigui,

Support for Brazil can be found here Bose Brazil.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G