Bose L1 Pro 16 not connecting to update firmware. Possibly second lemon in a row

Bose product name

Bose L1 Pro 16

Country

United States

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

Just purchased a new Bose L1 Pro 16.   It will not connect for the update.   I have one I bought 20 days ago.   No problem connecting and updating.   I called Bose customer service and the recommended returning it and getting a new one.   Did that this morning.  Got it home and sure enough, I get the message "hmmm   something's wrong.  Please try again."   

Steps I have taken:   Tried both windows PC, macbook pro, proper browsers, firewall both off and on, reinstalled updated, multiple usbc cables, and BOOM!.......   NOTHING.   

My other Bose L1 Pro 16 connects every time without issues.   

This is the second one that will not connect and I am half tempted to return both and go with something more reliable.   

Someone talk me off the ledge. 

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Immediately out of the box.  

Additional gear used (e.g. instruments, mics, FX pedals, etc.)
None yet.

Where did you experience the issue? (e.g. home, bar, performance hall, etc.)

Home

Any troubleshooting steps you took

Yes.  Multiple.   See above.

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on? (Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)

App Version

Firmware Version

Unknown.  It will not connect.

I have the same issue with Bose L1 Pro 8. Just opened the product and tried to update the firmware and it didn't work. I contacted Bose support and done lots of troubleshooting but no success. In the end, I was told that there are issues on their website/update software and there is no issue with the product itself and to be patient while they fix it/release a patch. I don't know how long it will take them to fix though. 

Picture attached for reference. 

did you find any solution?

Hi rogerenders and er_tushar,

Currently, the Bose Updater Website is experiencing a maintenance issue where it is unable to identify units that are connecting to the updater for the first time. We are aware of the issue and are actively working to have resolved by the end of this week. We will post a status update as soon as the Updater fix is complete.

Note that L1 Pro systems are operational out of the box and can be used normally. The Bose.com/L1Pro Firmware update messaging included in product documentation is to ensure that customers are experiencing the latest and most up-to-date firmware with their L1 Pro system. We appreciate your concern about this issue and apologize for any inconvenience.

Hi all,

The Bose Updater website http://btu.bose.com has been updated and is fully functional. If you have not already, take a moment to download and install the Bose Updater. With this app, you can easily update your product and find out when new software updates are available. After you’ve installed it, you can use this website to update your products. If you’ve already installed the app, go ahead and launch.

Reminder that the L1 Pro systems are operational out of the box and can be used. The Bose.com/L1ProFirmware messaging included in product documentation is to ensure that customers are experiencing the latest and most up-to-date firmware with their L1 Pro system.

Thank you for your patience.

On my latest L1 Pro 16,  there is an issue with the lighted words on channel 1 being misaligned.   The bottom part of the words are missing.  So it's sittings in the box waiting to go back.