Bose l1 Pro with Tonematch Mixers (T1, T4s, T8s)

Yes my brother, 54 indeed ... we are the new greatest generation.  I got my L1 Pro-16 yesterday, have it set up and connected to the T1, and have run through a few sets.  Bottom line -->> I could NOT BE HAPPIER!!!!  The T1 is connected as you suggested, all my scenes work flawlessly.  And the SOUND is AMAZING.  I have my Pro 16 sitting right beside my L1 Mod-2 with 2x B2's.  Also have the big B1.  The Pro simply SOUNDS BETTER ... from lower volumes all the way up to full-on performance levels.  So far, I'm BLOWN AWAY.

THANK YOU BOSE

And thanks to brother Fish-54

I'm trying to connect via bluetooth from iphone to play music, we have the t8s connected to L1 pro, been trying to figure out how. 

Hello radzmthree,

You can only connect BlueTooth to the L1 Pro -- it does not control the T8S.  There is no remote app for the T8S.

The L1 Pro's have two distinct BlueTooth channels:  To stream your music to channel 3, pair your device to the "normal" channel called "L1 Pro X"; Pair the Bose L1 Mix App to the "Low Energy" channel called "LE - L1 Pro X".  You can pair both channels to one device for music streaming and the Mix App, or you can pair to two different devices to the L1 Pro if you want to run your music from one device and control the Mix App from the other.  You may have to go into your device's settings and "forget" any "L1 Pro" entries you find, and then re-pair them.

The T8S can be connected to the L1 Pro either of two ways:

• Via a ToneMatch cable between the ports on the L1 Pro and T8S.  This way, you don't need any other cables -- the ToneMatch cable supplies power to the T8S and receives the master output back from the T8S.  This leaves all three of the L1 Pro's inputs free (the ToneMatch port is used independently of the others.)
  • Via a 1/4" cable connected from the T8S to the L1 Pro.  You'll need to use the ToneMatch power supply, which is included with the T8S.  (I personally prefer using a 1/4" TRS to 1/4" TRS balanced cable instead of XLR, so you don't have to worry about which end is which!)  This method will use up one of your three 1/4" inputs.

One other note:  Channel 3 on the L1 Pro has three inputs:  BlueTooth, a 1/4" balanced mono jack, and a 1/8" unbalanced stereo jack.  All three can be connected simultaneously, but the channel volume and tone controls affect all three of them at the same time.  

Does that help?