Bose Music App Update – April 27th 2021

May 7th update 

A new version of the app, 4.4.5, is being rolled out to Android users over the next couple days. This update is to fix an issue were the app could unexpectedly close. There is no further update to the previous release notes.

Original Post

Use this thread to discuss the Bose Music Update that was made on April 27th. As a reminder, the release details are below:

Version Information:

• iOS: 4.4.3
  • Android:  4.4.4

Release Notes

• Get going faster – Now when you set up your Bose headphones and earbuds, you can skip creating an account and get right to enjoying your product. Create an account later in the Settings menu.
  • We made the app experience for soundbars and speakers even better, with faster and easier access to your product controls, favorites, and music services.
  • EQ control has a new look for your NC 700 Headphones. Enjoy a new graphical interface plus EQ presets.
  • A few tweaks and fine-tuning to make the app more stable and less buggy.

Android Only (already available on iOS):

• Deepen your connection to the world around you with Spotify for our Bose Noise Cancelling 700 Headphones. Easily get the audio you want—and need—in an instant with a tap and hold on the right earcup. The Spotify Shortcut for Headphones 700 will be made available for Android users.

Compatible OS versions  

We have removed support for Android 6: See additional details here.

• Android: 7.0 and up 
  • iOS: 12 and up 

Hi!

So before the update on the 27th of April of the Bose Music app I was able to group speakers in the following sequence that is soundbar with bose home speaker 300 and bose smart portable speaker  and afterwards with simple link I connected revolve speaker. After the update I can only group or all the smart speakers or 1 smart speaker and 1 revolve speaker. Do you expect to fix this?

From the pictures you can clearly see that with

new version it is unsupported.

Android version bose music app 4.4.4.

On the print screen I did not add revolve to the group sync then it is not visible what is in the group you can only end the whole group. But before the update it definitely worked.

The first picture is the new app and the second is the old app version. From the second you can see that it was possible to add bose revolve soundlink additionally to the Bose portable and bathroom speaker (both smart)

Zero steps forward two steps back! We fail miserable because Bose apps suck!

But at least we changed the screen elements to be slightly different! new product features, music services nahhhhhhh, but hey music services are in a different location now! 

After the update, it seems the Bluetooth connectivity on my iPhone 12 Pro is improved but still occasionally fails to connect. When the problem happens, Bluetooth connected buy Bose Music isn't so my earbuds. I have one simple fix for every connectivity issue by disabling and enabling Bluetooth on my phone then manually connecting the earbuds. 

Appreciate it, waiting for firmware update also. Will give some feedback, as soon I got the update.

Great news, Bose. We gave you the best feedback possible and you updated the app with the best features in the world. Now i feel like i did not threw away my money. Keep up the good job!

Is it possible that Bose changed the sound of the headphones by updating the application?
I'm asking because I think my 700 sounds a bit different - worse / cheap after this update...🤔