Bose Music App Update – July 27th 2021

On July 27th, 2021, a new Bose Music App update will be available through the Apple App Store and Google Play Store to customers who have auto-updates enabled. The update will roll out in phases, and you may not receive the update until Friday, July 30th depending on your platform and region. 

Android users will have to wait until their device becomes part of the rollout. You may need to restart your device to update an app. If you have any difficulty, see here. 

iOS customers that wish to have the update immediately can go to the app stores and download manually. If you have any difficulty, see here. Customers downloading for the first time will get the new app. 

Version Information: 

• iOS: 4.6.3 
  • Android: 4.6.4 

Release Notes  

• iOS:
    • We made it easier to add Google Assistant to your speakers. Just link your Bose Music account to your Google account during setup and you’re good to go.
    • Fixed bugs and did some general cleaning up under the hood 
  • Android: 
    • Fixed bugs and did some general cleaning up under the hood 

Compatible OS versions  

• Android: 7.0 and up  
  • iOS: 12 and up  

To discuss this update, go here.

Has this update fixed the issue of not being able to group the smart Speakers such my Sounbar 700 or home 500 with my existing Google speakers?

When Can i buy this product?

Hello Jiffersonz and thank you for reaching out.

We’re glad you’re excited about Bose possibly launching a new Noise Cancelling Headset. We have no information to share at this time, however you can sign up to receive email updates for our products at Bose.com.

Have a great day! 

the Bose music app doesn't match the brand's premium products I have a 700 soundbar and the experience in the app is very bad first there is no black theme adapted for the iPhone second there are no widgets for quick access and lastly the settings inside the app should be more simplified in my opinion is taking a long time to reframe completely