Bose Music App Update – June 8th 2021

UPDATE- June 18th

Removed a feature regarding an improvement made to connect Google Assistant, which did not go out in this release. We are working to add this improvement in at a later date.

Original Post

On June 8th 2021, a new Bose Music App update will be available through the Apple App Store and Google Play Store to customers who have auto-updates enabled. The update will roll out in phases and you may not receive the update until Thursday, June 10th depending on your platform and region.

Android users will have to wait until their device becomes part of the roll out. You may need to restart your device to update an app. If you have any difficulty, see here.

iOS customers that wish to have the update immediately can go to the app stores and download manually. If you have any difficulty, see here. Customers downloading for the first time will get the new app.

Version Information:

• iOS: 4.5.4
  • Android:  4.5.4

Release Notes

• Connecting accessory speakers to your soundbar? We made the instructions more clear and simple.
    Wayne_M_0-1623161853090.jpeg

• We added the ability to manage your marketing communications from Bose. See the article here.
  • Fixed an issue where the app crashed upon initial setup of a new smart speaker before the Voice Assistant (VPA) setup screen.
  • Fixed bugs and did some general cleaning up under the hood.

iOS

• Resolved an issue where you would be taken back to the main settings screen after attempting to add an accessory speaker and the app can’t find it. 

Compatible OS versions  

• Android: 7.0 and up 
  • iOS: 12 and up 

Let us know what you think of the update below!

Until you release an update that includes switching devices at the touch of a button (like you had in the previous iteration of this product and then ditched) I really couldn't care less. This product is unusable in its current state, hence why I returned mine a long time ago and purchased from a different brand. 

The sales of this product must be incredibly poor. 

I will never understand why you offer so much indifference to the customers. You just don't care.

The firmware is old and full of bugs. The software is almost useless. You expect us to buy your products?

You don't even imagine how much tou loose untill you hear us talking about Bose products. Someday you will understand. 

I came to this thread to see if the update was worth applying (I'm now scared of updating anything with Bose's name on it) and am sad to see that its probably not improved anything or addressed any issues with multiple devices connecting, or the sound glitching issue....

So annoyed

Keep on pop up this message. Bose music App can’t use at all. Can’t control Bose 700 Soundbar.

4B72A99F-DF62-4270-83F9-FDD113D1B132.png

Hello Mkhan, thanks for reaching out, 

Sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your soundbar 700. I will gladly help! 

The message you are seeing in the app suggests that the soundbar is currently taking on an update. Are you seeing a white light on the front of the soundbar moving from either left to right or right to left? 

If so, do you know how long has the soundbar been updating? 

Looking forward to hear from you! 

Hi Liam_G

Thanks for your reply. That is no light at Soundbar. The Soundbar only can be on and off by using remote control. Bose music Apps can’t use at all. 

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

How long has this been occurring? Is the message still showing now? 

Hi,

About 5hours until now.

Thanks mkhan!

Have you disconnected the speaker or your internet router from power during this time?