Bose QC Earbuds: Left earbud not working

I have the Bose QC Earbuds. Today the left earbud stopped working. It is definitely charged and powered on. In fact, when I put it in my ear it makes the opening noise, tells be battery level, and says I am connected. After that, it won't produce any noise even as the right earbud does so normally. It does make a odd "white noise" that fades in and out. The in-ear detection works - if I take out the left earbud, the right earbud does stop playing. I have tried everything in the FAQ: (1) Bluetooth has been fully reset, include fully deletion from phone and new setup; (2) Firmware is up to date; (3) Phone has been restarted; (4) I have tried various sources of audio.

I tried the text message support, nobody called me back. Separately, I waited on your support line for over 30 minutes and finally gave up. How do I get help on this?  

Hey Greg, 

Thanks for reaching out to us! 

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing these issues with your QC Earbuds. These are some really great troubleshooting steps to start with, thank you for trying them. 

At this point, you have tried all the steps we would recommend for this kind of issue. The next step would be to get in contact with our team. I'm sorry you have had some issues with wait times. We would recommend calling in as soon as the lines open. Alternatively, you can try a different contact method. We will do all we can to help you! 

If there is anything else we can do for you, please reach out to us again! 

Starting yesterday I was experiencing the same exact problem with my left QC earbuds!! I’ve tried trouble shooting myself but still can’t get it to work. It says I’m connected when I first put it in, but no sounds would play after that. Both earbuds and the case are fully charged. 

Hi Cyreas,

I'm sorry to hear you are also having this problem ith your earbuds. Have you tried any of the troubleshooting steps mentioned by gregw above? If not I would definitely recommend doing so as I'm sure it will help with your earbuds. You can find guides on how to perform these troubleshooting steps HERE.

Let me know how you get on!

Hello, My QC earbuds are just about a month old - today the left earbud stopped working. When I turn the In-ear detection off, it starts working.

I have deleted the device from my phone's bluetooth list as well as from the Bose app and reconnected; that unfortunately did not fix the issue.

Hey SamirC,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community! 

I am so sorry you are having this issue. As you have tried all troubleshooting steps, the best option here would be to reach out to your local customer support center and explore the service options for your headset. You can do this by clicking this link here, selecting your region, scrolling to the bottom of the page, and selecting contact us. If you are in the US or UK you can also reach out via Facebook or Twitter and one of our team can help you there.  

I bought the QC earbuds about a week after they were released and last week it stopped working. The left earbud still works, but the right one is completely off and the light won’t even turn on. I searched online and went through all of the trouble shooting(resetting, disconnecting Bluetooth, charging), but nothing seems to work. Please get back to me. I feel like I wasted $300 for nothing. 

Hi Active19,

If you have already tried the troubleshooting listed in this thread and the left earbuds is still not working for you, please reach out to your local support team using the link posted by above as they will be able to assist you with this further!

I hope this helps!

I had exactly the same LH Earbud issue yesterday. My buds are just 3 weeks old. After trying all the suggested fixes here with no result I called the Bose support line. The call was answered promptly and after discussion the helpful call centre person offered a refund or replacement. Interestingly,  she said she hadn’t heard of the issue before . In any case I opted for replacement so hopefully that will turn up soon and I won’t have the same problem with them. 

Greetings,

My left earbud on my QC's will work/not "work" periodically and at complete random. I can use them a week straight without issue and then have the left bud go "offline" for a week.... Have both operational, take them out for 30 seconds, slap them back in and the left goes out again. I have tried every option I found on the forums here (Hard reset on buds, clearing cache on device, trying on a completely different phone, EVERYTHING) 

Is this a known issue thats being worked on the be repaired via firmware/software update or do you suggest I simply return the product at this point? (1 month of ownership)

Thanks!