Bose QC Earbuds pairing in In-Ear Headphones

Occasionally, when I try to pair these earbuds, sometimes it doesn't work properly, so there I pressed the Bluetooth button to pair like normal on the case and the earbuds do not say "ready to connect" or the lights blinking in blue like otherwise would at other times, then I tried to hold the button for 30 seconds and they still do not show that it is in pairing. Therefore I had to wait for a while and then, fortunately, it works like normal.  Can you please make an update that will fix this issue?

Bose product name

QC Earbuds

Country

Australia

Firmware Version

App Version

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Any troubleshooting steps you took

Hi kevin8230_,

It's strange that your earbuds are sometimes not going into pairing mode straight away! As you mentioned this only happens sometimes, have you noticed any pattern to when it will happen? Is it only after leaving the earbuds for a long period of time, only when switching between two devices, or anything like this?

If you find the earbuds are not going into pairing mode, what I would recommend doing is performing a reset of the earbuds by following these steps:

• Place the earbuds in the charging case. Make sure the case is plugged in and charging
  • Close the charging case lid, wait 5 seconds, and then open the lid
  • Press and hold the Bluetooth button for 30 seconds and then release. The earbuds's LEDs begin blinking, turn solid white, and then begin blinking blue. The product is now in pairing mode and the earbuds' device list is cleared
  • Reconnect to your Bluetooth device

I know you have already done part of this, by holding the button for 30 seconds, but you do need to follow the whole process in this order for the earbuds to reset correctly,

I hope this helps, let me know!

This happens to mine after when I leave the earbuds out for a prolonged period of time.

Thanks for letting me know that kevin8230_!

The earbuds switch to standby when both earbuds are removed from your ears and left for 20 minutes, so it sounds like your earbuds are going into standby mode. This standby mode conserves the earbud battery when the earbuds are out of the case and not in use.

You can wake the earbuds from standby mode by inserting both earbuds in your ears, placing the earbuds in the case and leave them until the lights blink to show they have started charging then taking them out again, or use the Bose Music app by selecting the earbuds in the app.

I hope this helps!

Hey  ,

why 20 minutes? I do believe is too much. I think we can gain a lot of battery juice if you implement a maximum 5 minutes. What do you think?

Thanks