Bose QC earbuds red and white blinking

Bose product name: QC earbuds

Firmware Version:- 1.07

App Version:- 4.2.2

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on Samsung Galaxy S10 on Android 10,

description of the issue.

Red white light appears when in case.(see below)ezgif-3-c08e00bfbc80.gif

environment issue experienced in.

An quiet office.

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Had them for a week. Stopped working 23rd December.

troubleshooting steps I've taken.

Attempted to reset the case as recommended though method 1 (below).

-Place the earbuds in the charging case. Make sure the case is plugged in and charging

-Close the charging case lid, wait 5 seconds, and then open the lid

-Press and hold the Bluetooth button for 30 seconds and then release. The earbuds' LEDs begin blinking, turn solid white, and then begin blinking blue. The product is now in pairing mode and the earbuds' device list is cleared

-Reconnect product.

when that didn't work i checked the community forum which recommended the following (below)

1.    Turn off the Bluetooth on all devices within 30 ft of the earbuds.
2.    Place the earbuds in the charging case for 5 seconds.
3.    Remove the earbuds from the case. The earbuds and charging case should now communicate as normal. 

Again didn't work.

Then on the site was told a firmware update would fix the issue. Checked btu.bose. The pair was up to date. so I couldn't update to remove the error.

The issue for this post is that I received them as a gift. I don't have the receipt I've tried going through the repair and service centre but unfortunately I cant seem to get online support (maybe due to the festive season).

I was just wondering what my options were. Could i downgrade the firmware then upgrade it again? could I take them to a local Bose store to have them fixed? This is as I've tried all the recommendations that was suggested on the Bose website and by the twitter customer services as they were the staff that i could reach.  However, nothing worked and its a just a little frustrating that after one weeks usage, a nice pair of earphones quickly became a clunky paper weight.  

I have the same exact issue. I even called tech support. Had them walk me through all steps, nothing worked. I’m hoping a new software update fixes the issues. I’m operating from a iPhone latest update done same with Bose update firmware. What are my options? 

Hey AW123 and AbdraeG, 

Thank you both for posting and reaching out to the Community for support. I'm sorry to hear that you have both experienced this issue with your new QC Earbuds. 

I appreciate all of the troubleshooting you have both attempted so far, I would recommend that we do attempt to explore service options for the earbuds. To do this you will need to reach out to your regional customer support team via the Contact Us page here.

You may experience a delay in reaching the team due to the festive period.  

Is there an email I can contact or is it only a call centre I can't call? 

As you're in the UK here is the available contact outlets.  Additionally, you can send us a direct message on Twitter (Bose Service) or on Facebook. 

same here. I picked these up on 12/23/2020 and I made sure my case was charged prior to leaving for Mexico yesterday. The buds went dead and now I’m having the exact same issues. I’m not understanding why this is like this. I’ve already replaced one pair due to they wouldn’t hold charge and I left that replacement back home still in box and brung these instead. I also noticed these have a scuff on them as if they aren’t brand new. I’m highly upset bc I have a 4 hour flight back with no earbuds to use!!!

Hey guys, same problem here with my QC.

I have used them 5-6 times over the past weeks (bought around 10th of Dec), and now I get this red/white blinking problem.

I tried all suggested solutions I've read on the forums (reset, btu, open close case resync etc), but nothing works.

I'm on firmware 1.0.7 maybe there is a problem with this specific firmware?

Besides all those suggested actions, and the copy-paste of "I am truly sorry that you are experiencing this issue" from the mods, is there no other solution to our red/white blinking problem at the moment?

Thanks.

PS: I think I've narrowed down the problem, it seem like the Right earbud is NOT charging. When I do a reset (30 seconds) and then connect only the Left earbud, it looks to be charging, only a white light is shown. But by the time I put the Right one in the case, then after 5-6 seconds both of them start to blink red/white.

Hallo!

I am having exactly the same problem with my QC Earbuds. And I have no receip or somthing like that!

The local Bose reseller told me that without o receip they can't change my product and becouse is a new release product is not serviceble!!

What should I do?

How did you fix this issue?

Thank you!

My QC earbuds started blinking red and white a few days ago, and can no longer be paired via Bluetooth. 

I have tried all the recommendations (updating firmware, etc) and nothing is working. 

Has anyone at Bose found a solution to this issue? Is this something that will be fixed by an upcoming firmware update?

This is the exact same thing with mine and I've only had them for about 4 weeks. I'm so frustrated because nothing seems to work.