Bose QC Earbuds switching devices

How do you switch devices with the earbuds? I have a computer, personal phone, and work phone that I need to switch between. How can I quickly do this? Can it be done without the case and without the app?

I have the same issue. My Bose app is installed on my phone, and in order to switch devices through the app the earbuds have to be connected to the phone. When I try to switch devices the app forces me to disconnect the earbuds from the phone, at which point I lose control of the earbuds, rendering this function on the app essentially useless. Am I missing something?

As far as I am aware, the only way to switch between devices is to manually disconnect and connect on the individual devices.

(Edit: I double checked the manual and can confirm that it does not mention any interface on the earbuds themselves to connect/disconnect)

Hey all, thanks for posting!

I hope you are enjoying your new QuietComfort Earbuds so far.

The best way to switch devices with these earbuds is to turn off Bluetooth on the device you are currently connected to, and then connect via the Bluetooth settings on the device you want to connect to. If they have not previously been paired, then you'll need to put the earbuds into pairing mode using the Bluetooth button on the charging case. You can also disconnect manually through the Bluetooth list. On some devices, such as iOS, you may notice the earbuds are connected twice with an 'LE-' profile also. Please ensure that both are disconnected. The Bose Music app also allows you to disconnect and then connect on another device.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Thank you Charlotte_G for the clarification.

That is disappointing to hear, especially for a premium-priced device and when the ability to switch between devices is available on an older device like the NC700.

Not being able to cycle through paired devices, like you can on the SoundSport, is a tremendously bad design decision. Here we have a premium product that instead of requiring a tap or two like products that came before it from the same manufacturer, you have to turn things on and off on one or more *other* devices just to change source device. This shows very poor judgment, and should be addressed in a firmware update. I suggest that this bearded as a shortcut option.

If this is truly the case, it is a big step backwards.

At least, with the Soundsport Free earbuds, it is easy to cycle through various devices quickly to get to the one you want to use, and they then automatically connect.

The other big drawback I’m seeing, with both the QC and Sport earbuds, is the master/puppet connectivity.

The only reason I have to buy either model, at this point, is that I really like the Bose sound profile.

Oh! And the fit. Nothing fits in the ear as comfortably as Bose earbuds. 

I am not sure that is enough this time around unfortunately.

I am going to return the earbuds because you cannot be connected to two devices at one time. Unless you can tell me this will be corrected in a firmware update. While the sound is fantastic, I need to be able to connect to my iPhone and MacBook Air simultaneously. 

Actually shocked this feature is not built in. I have several other brands of ANC earbuds, all support being connected to multiple devices.

Hi - read through the new QC in ear headphones info, plus the manual and have a question....

with my current SoundSport buds, I can easily switch between previously connected devices (from my connections list) by just clicking the left bud button. This feature isn’t now on the new QC buds - how do I switch between devices now? 

also, it looks like there is no mute option any more, and that you can’t skip back a track, using the touch actions - is this true?

thanks!

Hey Flip8053,

Thank you for your questions!

To switch devices, you will need to use the Bose Music app or disconnect from/switch off the Bluetooth on the device you no longer wish to use. 

You are correct, the earbuds do not have a mute button and you won't be unable to skip the track back using the touch-controls. 

Let me know if you have any other questions!