Bose QC35 II Gaming headphones - Bose PC Controller not working

When connected via USB and the Bose PC Controller to a Windows or Mac (both running latest OS), we get no sound, and the mic does not register any input.  Yes, we've set the Sound settings to use the Bose PC Controller.  Is this a driver issue, or are we missing something?

Firmware Version : 4.8.1

App Version : Latest

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.) : Windows, MacOS, both latest.

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce : Connected the gaming mic to the headset, then plugged the mic into the (Bose PC) Controller.  Connected the Controller via USB to a MacBook Pro.  On the MacBook Pro, in the Sound settings panel, selected the Controller as both input/output.

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.) : N/A

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously? : Immediately, brand new, outta the box.

Any troubleshooting steps you took : Everything except throwing them at the wall (that's next).  Been in touch with Bose support, they asked us to send them back for a replacement.  The replacement has the same issues.  So either this is a driver issue, or we're missing something, like, there's a switch in Germany that needs to be toggled.

Hey Fresco, 

Thank you for your post and welcome! 

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing these issues with your Gaming Headset. I'll be happy to help you in any way that I can! 

Can you tell me if you experience this issue with another device? Such as a different PC or Console? This will help us to determine where the issue lies in your setup. 

I look forward to hearing from you!

Thanks for your reply!

We've tried it on a Windows computer, and on two separate Mac computers, each with the most up to date operating systems.  In these cases, we're trying to use the included gaming mic, and included Bose PC Desktop Controller.

We have been able to successfully connect the headset using BlueTooth to our phones.

Hi Fresco.

Thank you for getting back to us. Please watch the video about unboxing and setting up the headphones. Refer to this LINK.

Let us know how it went.

Hi,

Thank you for the video, however, we already know and have taken the proper steps to connect the gaming headphones to our computers.

The issue remains, even with the Bose PC Controller set as the input/output device in our computer's sound settings, we hear no sound, and the mic doesn't receive any input.

We suspect it's a driver issue.