Bose QuietComfort and Sport Earbuds Multi Point support

I can see that a lot of people are returning their earbuds because of this future unavailable feature, somehow it is disappointing for us especially that many other earbuds are offering this with lower price range, i have acquired by QCs yesterday with the hope that a software update will come soon as i am an engineer and i am quite confident Bose are doing their best to solve this. anyway i will be taking my time to decide whether to return the earbuds or not. till then i hope we will have a positive feedback from Bose.

I have my old Bose Sports and they would be perfect if they were smaller, noise cancelling, and did not have the cable between them. Unfortunately, I returned the new Bose sports and I have gone to a different brand. Maybe I’ll try Bose again one day, but this was not the normal functional quality I have come to expect from Bose. 

Thank you for providing us a definitive answer and also the reason behind the technology limitations. As you have said, we who are strong supporters of Bose products; hopefully you could have this feature implemented and the technology headaches resolved. It's really an important feature.

I was also waiting for BOSE ear buds as I have tried others that simply never fit right and popped out of ear even when doing simple workouts.

Problem is, I even called BOSE to confirm multipoint and they said absolutely. Well, received them yesterday and to my disappointment they do not. Even worse, I cannot switch between PC and Phone without forgetting and re-pairing the devices. Could be a malfunction, but so far very disappointed and will be returning (even if multipoint is not available - cannot believe this was not a priority this day and age -, switching between devices should not be this painful)

I can see another option being to improve the device switching capability of the headphones. An example from a competitor is the Sennheiser Momentum True Wireless 2. Though it also doesn't support multipoint, it does manage to always stay connected to your "main" device using Bluetooth Low Energy. This allows you to manage your headphones through your main device even though the audio connection is with some secondary or tertiary device.

The Sennheiser's also adopt the same "hero connection" scenario you described so hopefully based on your architecture this should be possible.

You are going to lose a lot of sales because of this.  My current older model Bose sport earbuds have this functionality and it is VERY convenient.  To be able to cycle through the multiple bluetooth connected devices without having to manually disconnect from the source is a must-have.  Many times, the currently connected source is not near by.  If I previously was connected to my tablet, and I go to the gym and use my phone (or vice-versa), unless the two devices are paired in consecutive order, I have to wait until the earbuds go through the entire list!!!.  Ridiculous.  You guys at Bose are too smart for this -- and then to charge nearly $300 makes it worse.  You should know that your customers are demanding this functionality, and it should have been there from the start.  Please do something about this!

Funny thing about my new QC noise cancelling earbuds.  I read about the features because I wanted multi point ability.  The Sport earbuds that I have didn't offer this feature and I wanted it.  Looked at specs for QC earphones by mistake and they support this feature.  Anyway, I ordered them and from time to time both my work phone and personal phone have been connected to the QC earbuds at the same time.  Don't know how this has been happening.  I thought maybe it was a software update, but it doesn't look like there is one.  Just Bluetooth being crossed up somehow I guess.  Not a mistake.  Was 

My wife and I both had soundsport free earbuds. For Christmas we bought each other the new QC Earbuds and were pretty confused while trying to figure out how to switch between our Apple Watch and the iPhone, something we do everyday before a run and something that you could do with the press of a button on the old earbuds. This can’t be done on the new earbuds. I’m not sure who is on the board making these decisions. It’d be one thing I guess if Bose never had this feature. But to include it on last generation earbuds and then delete it on a much more expensive and updated pair is inexplicable.  And unforgivable. So now every time I want to go for a run with my Apple Watch, I have to pull out my device, go into settings and click Bluetooth, then find and click on the device and wait. Instead of pushing one button on the earbuds??? What in the heck were you guys thinking. Bose is a strange company. I’ll be returning both. 

I've also returned both of my QC Earbuds for the same reason. I've bought the Sennheiser's and am currently torn between hoping Bose fixes this within their app or sticking with Sennheiser's slightly worse ANC (can still hear idling car engines) but honestly better user experience. I think this answers my question actually... I have no idea if Bose will fix the device switch experience at all (emphasizing not multipoint but just switching between devices) and at least Sennheiser's have it so I think that's that.

With all this said, if I'm getting on a plane, I'll definitely be using my QC 20s, those things are old but freaking amazing.

Before purchasing these a few days ago, I thought I saw a post saying that when you push the button in the case it automatically disconnects and tries to connect to the most prior BT connection. Could you at least get that to work?

I have jus purchased these QC earbuds and find the inability to switch between devices incredibly frustrating. I have tried using the app which simply doesn’t work. There is no way to move between devices let alone answer the phone if using an iPad.

Frankly I am appalled. I have been a Bose customer for 30 years and paid £100 over the odds for these earbuds out of brand loyalty. When can we expect software that works?
If I don’t get a response I will return them and never come back.

I just got my QuietComfort earbuds. The priority was active noise cancelling with good sound, and they deliver. But the inability to switch among multiple devices is a major disappointment. Bose's response seems to rule out simultaneous connections but not switching among devices. Please clarify possibility and intent as to device switching. This is a major miss for a premium product. 

What a shame of a response. I was just gonna buy them today, but I found out they don't support multipoint connection, surfed the web hoping BOSE had acknowledged the issue and maybe try to fix it, but I see that this will not happen. I will be moving on looking for another device, as in (almost) 2021 it's inexcusable to be tied to only one device.

FWIW I find the device selection logic with and without the Bose Music app to be workable and acceptable now. There was a firmware update. Or possibly the user improved! Maybe both. I don't know, but it is fine now.

I'm in the same boat!!!........I literally wow the soundsport free out! They were a bit too big but, the sound was great and I could switch between my phone if I got a call while listening to my Samsung tab that was in my pannier bags without stopping my commute to manually disconnect! I too was waiting to get the new model!!!! ......well now, I am not happy! I'm using a pair of chorded Walmart Bluetooth just until I got the new ones! Dam!

EXACY!!!!........ Totally agree! Oh, and capacitated touch controls since I literally wore the rubber button off the right ear buds and had to throw it out! Until then they were as important as my door key on my Paris commute!!!! Na!

While we understand Bose thought process of not implementing multi-point, it can’t be ignored that other competitors have successfully introduced the feature without compromise of sound quality.

I have a pair of quietcomfort earbuds (and honestly love the comfort and sound quality) but found myself using my HUAWEI freebuds pro more. This is because I can use either bud and connect to 2 devices and also enjoy the noise cancelling.

Also, if you google Bowers Wilkins are coming out with PI5 and PI7 earbuds which will both support multipoint and ANC. 

if only Bose could incorporate the missing features, somewhat make the case more pocket friendly (the size of sport version earbuds and case is better) it will take the product to a different level.

Hi

i am writing to share how my bose sport earbuds sometimes connects to my laptop and my phone automatically. Thought it was a glitch but now I have started cracking it and it connects 40% of the times. I enjoy and prefer it when it connects to two devices instead of I physically trying to disconnect and reconnect to a different device. I am starting to feel I need to switch to apple for there convenience over sound now as its more practical in real life. I really wish bose allows multipoint connections in near future. 

thanks

Dear Bose,

I have received my new Sport Earbuds today as an upgrade from SoundSport I had for a few years and I have to say I'm quite underwhelmed by the way connectivity switch is designed (or rather not designed at all)

Based on instructions on the BOSE support page:

Switching between Bluetooth devices:

1. On the currently connected device, turn off Bluetooth.
  2. On the new device:
    1. Turn on Bluetooth
    2. In the settings menu, go to the Bluetooth device list and select the earbuds to connect

I use my headphones with a TV... 

Connecting to TV: 

Before I would navigate to TV with earphones and TV would say - "Your earphones are trying to connect. Allow / Don't allow"... 2 clicks on earphones, 1 click on remote - Done 

Now I need to go into the TV settings to initiate connection from somewhere in the connectivity menu??

Disconnecting from TV:

Before I would switch to new device with 2 clicks on the earphone and I was done.. 

Now I need to go into TV Settings to deactivate Bluetooth... before going to another device to initiate connection from settings?

Is that really how Bose intended the device switching to work?

Is that really how Bose would like to use this product themselves if they used earphones to listen the TV?

Is there anything in the development backlog to address this issue? Can it be added to backlog?

For example it could be possible to:
Introduce Swipe down on the left earphone to scroll through devices (same feature as was added to the right headphone to change volume in the last update)
or 
Introduce touch and hold on the left earphone to switch to the next device in the list...

Anything?

Thanks for suggestions, support (incl Community) and feedback

Stan

Dear BOSE, Please don't merge my topic with Multi-Device Tread.

I'm not asking for Device to be connected to 2 devices at the same time. I'm asking for a possibility to easily switch between devices