Bose QuietComfort and Sport Earbuds Multi Point support

Hello,

Will either of the new Earbuds support multi point or multiple connections at the same time? Will the devices connect to both my laptop and phone at the same time and automatically switch when I receive a phone call? 

Hi , thanks for posting!

With both the Bose Sports Earbuds and the Bose QuietComfort® Earbuds, you can store up to seven devices in the earbud device list. You can connect and play audio from only one device at a time.

Please do get back to us if you have any additional questions.

Hello,

I think the most important part(s) of my question is not answered. Let me rephrase it

1. Does either of them have Multi Point feature? Bose has this in other products.

2. If I am watching a movie on my laptop and I receive a call, will the earphones automatically connect to the phone? 

Please answer them individually if possible.   

This would be a huge whiff if Bose did not integrate this feature at launch.  Not sure if this can be achieved through a software update.

My Soundsport's have this and its great.

- would you have an update on this question?

I think the question was that, the SoundSport has the Multi-Point Bluetooth technology, which allows it to connect to multiple devices at the same time, and just by pausing playback you can easily switch between devices. I attached the FAQ from your SoundSport page, it states and describes the capabilities of this feature.

AlexanderWong_0-1599922889426.png

So now whether this earbuds has it, or if it doesn't, will a simple software update allow such a feature? This will be a deciding factor for most buyers.

No they will not have multipoint. Because of this I will sadly be canceling my order.  In this day and age that's an inexcusable miss on Bose's part.  Also the lack of low-latency and low-loss or lossless codec support is totally incomprehensible.  At this price they're really behind the 8-ball given how ridiculously long it has taken them to release these.  I really thought they were going to come out with a decent set of industry- leading earbuds but they are likely to be little more than me-too products,  and lack-lustre at that.  

Enabling the feature over a software update is a crucial question. I could be wrong but I remember Apple saying the Airpods Pro would be getting this feature over a firmware upgrade during their WWDC. Apple feature is called "Automatic device switching". If this is true, Bose might be capable of doing it but if they plan to reserve this feature for a future version to attract customers after 4 years then its sad. 

Rather sad that if it's really true this has not multi-point support. I would rather go with Sennheiser's MOMENTUM True Wireless 2. Just slightly more in terms of cost. Hopefully Bose knows how important this is.

, could you please confirm the lack of multi-point. There seems to be a lot of users who are waiting for this answer. Thanks.

Same here, long term Bose purchaser - as well as 4 purchases in the past year!

Very poor feature set - not up to what I expected and sadly WAY behind the competition at this price point.

Should I be Returning these ?

I have the Quietcomfort Earbuds and the Quietcontrol 30 headphones.  One of the features I loved about the QC30's was the ability to connect to 2 devices at once.  I would connect to my phone and computer.  It was nice cause I'd hear the videos im working on, on my computer but when I got a call on my phone it would switch for me.  I was very disappointed Bose didn't not include that feature on the Quietcomfort Earbuds.  Anyone else think that would be a good feature to bring to the Earbuds?

As well as this enhancement and on-device volume control (suggested by David Horne), I would suggest an audible signal indicating which noise level has been chosen by taping on the left bud. If the background noise is continuous this is not a problem, but in a location with intermittent noise it would really help.

Same here. Makes no sense that at this price this feature was removed. My friend who was considering buying this saw this topic and decided not to purchase it. I agree! 

I am using the QC earbuds. Its painful without multipoint. Is there any plan to have multipoint through firmware upgrade

Can you connect multiple devices at the same time to the Bose Sport Earbuds?  I have the Bose soundsports that allows you to connect multiple devices, just pause one and the other picks up.  Can the Bose Sport Earbuds do this?

I have them connected to my IPhone 11 and my laptop but if I stop the sound on 1 device I have to hold the connection button on the charger case and then go to the devices Bluetooth setup to connect.

Bose Sports Earbuds

United States 

Guess I'll add my input. Really like the sound of the QC Earbuds and the ANC is great. But without Multi Point (which I assumed is a pretty basic feature and clearly Bose engineers know how to instrument it), I don't think I can justify my purchase. Throughout the day I bounce between my phone and laptop enough that I got too frustrated after a few days of manually disconnecting on one device and connecting on the other. Or answering calls and asking people to wait while I get connected.

It's too big a price point for a device I find myself using a 4 or 5 year old substitute which costs a third as much.

Are there any more updates on this issue? Need to decide if I should keep these or return

Hey everyone,

Thank you to everybody who posted their feedback on multi-point for the QuietComfort and Sport Earbuds.

We understand that many of you would be interested in the ability to connect to multiple devices simultaneously. We hear you, however, the hardware architecture of the QC and Sport Earbuds utilizes a primary/secondary connection - meaning the right earbud manages one Bluetooth connection between the source audio device and a second Bluetooth connection with the left earbud. Because of this, it will not be possible to implement a multipoint connection with two audio source devices. 

We made this decision so that we could prioritize sound quality, comfort, and best-in-class noise cancellation. While multipoint will not be possible for these earbuds, it is something we will continue to explore for future products.

Thank you again for all your support! 

I have marked this post as solved because:

- My question has been answered. (Not the answer we are looking for)

- There is no multi-point support and that tells me everything. 

- Because I marked the solution. People can just go to the answer (Yes, I don't like the answer as well)

- Bose will not listen to our feedback and add this feature. I don't think it's very simple. I hope Bose will see how many customers are returning their earphones for this feature and consider it in the future.

I have returned my earphones for the same reason. I shall purchase Bose after they start listening to customers.